Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   2008 Shaffer-Heartland CHRONICLES (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32145-2008-shaffer-heartland-chronicles.html)

flatbedder 10-23-2008 03:59 PM

Let's see what kind of fun they have with your DAC since you quit while their truck was in the shop. It'll be interesting to see their true colors. I wish you the best in your new adventures, keep up a new blog, it's been a really interesting read

belpre122 10-26-2008 11:16 AM

C'mon Headborg! Us loyal readers have been following the exploits of headborg for months now. All of a sudden this excellent thread is ended with a brief and curt paragraph? Where's the luv HB? There has to be more to the story and "Enquiring" minds want to know!!

This thought has been on my mind since reading your 'final' post. This morning I read in another thread that you are possibly looking at a DAC
'unauthorized location' read ABANDONMENT from Heartless? Belpre thinks that there is much, much more to the tale of headborg and Heartland.

Here's hoping to hear the story in your words when you feel the timing is appropriate.

flatbedder 10-26-2008 12:52 PM

Coulda figured they'd put abandonment on his DAC. Just another company that treats drivers like robots, then gets pissed when a driver gets fed up. Ive tried the "mega carrier" route two times, and now that im with a company that cares about me its hard to fathom why I ever thought it would be a good idea to work for a big company. The pay and benefits may be better and thats a big maybe but it seems you have to trade in your right to be a human being for it

Twilight Flyer 10-27-2008 01:26 PM

I'm not sure where you guys get your info, but Borg didn't do anything wrong. He quit (the right way) because he didn't like some of the policies - no inverter, being a big one. I can't say I blame him on that one, because that's something I side with the drivers on. Borg and Heartland just were not a good fit and any DAC or faxes for him will show QUIT and SATISFACTORY work record. :roll:

But as far as his tenure with Heartland, his miles were OK, his pay was good, but for whatever reason, they couldn't get him the hometime he was supposed to be getting. Unfortunately, that is out of my hands, but he wasn't getting what he was supposed to be getting. Personally, that one is puzzling to me, too, because he's in a good area for that terminal.

belpre122 10-27-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer (Post 420287)
I'm not sure where you guys get your info, but Borg didn't do anything wrong. He quit (the right way) because he didn't like some of the policies - no inverter, being a big one. I can't say I blame him on that one, because that's something I side with the drivers on. Borg and Heartland just were not a good fit and any DAC or faxes for him will show QUIT and SATISFACTORY work record. :roll:

But as far as his tenure with Heartland, his miles were OK, his pay was good, but for whatever reason, they couldn't get him the hometime he was supposed to be getting. Unfortunately, that is out of my hands, but he wasn't getting what he was supposed to be getting. Personally, that one is puzzling to me, too, because he's in a good area for that terminal.

Cool beans TF. I hope that I read it wrong. Didn't seem like a headborg type of move.

Here is the link to the other thread?

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/n...hire-me-2.html

Twilight Flyer 10-27-2008 02:32 PM

Yeah, I see it. I don't think he was talking about himself. From what I can see, he did everything the right way here.

headborg 10-28-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 420060)
C'mon Headborg! Us loyal readers have been following the exploits of headborg for months now. All of a sudden this excellent thread is ended with a brief and curt paragraph? Where's the luv HB? There has to be more to the story and "Enquiring" minds want to know!!

This thought has been on my mind since reading your 'final' post. This morning I read in another thread that you are possibly looking at a DAC
'unauthorized location' read ABANDONMENT from Heartless? Belpre thinks that there is much, much more to the tale of headborg and Heartland.

Here's hoping to hear the story in your words when you feel the timing is appropriate.

I hope TF knows what he's talking about-- because as of 3 pm this afternoon- Heartland has not reported anything into DAC-- as of yet.

The recruiter at KLLM was "concerned" giving the circumstances- truck breakdown only 15 miles from home(right after cleaning it out). The plan was to give Heartland my notice from the consignee that morning. No, I did all I could do to document the whole wrecker having to tow it away. But since I was already in the process( quietly leaving Heartland ), had my "ducks" all lined up-- waiting at home for another Heartland driver to "swing" by and give me a ride to "pick up" yet another truck- when I was only planning on being around another week or so-- was just too much b.s.

Yes, I quit without giving a notice.
No, from my point of view- I did not "leave" the truck- abandoned or otherwise as I was not "assigned" to a truck.

ronjon619 10-28-2008 03:54 AM

They will be pissed because someone will have to go over there and get it.

belpre122 10-28-2008 04:04 AM

That's a Big 10-4 headborg! Is this the new headborg ride?:thumbsup:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...re122/kllm.jpg

belpre122 10-28-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronjon619 (Post 420464)
They will be pissed because someone will have to go over there and get it.

They could always send TF........................................:eek2:

Jumbo 10-29-2008 01:51 AM

Just think TF you could recruit new drivers and show them the trucks at the same time.

Twilight Flyer 10-29-2008 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 420614)
Just think TF you could recruit new drivers and show them the trucks at the same time.

Not in this lifetime. :moon:

Borg, I don't see anything bad in your file at all. It just says Quit, didn't like company policy. They base the DAC reporting on that, so your DAC should say Quit with a satisfactory work record. If you DO see something different show up, definitely let me know, though. But you shouldn't have anything to worry about...everything in your profile is positive and Heartland doesn't use DAC to screw drivers.

headborg 11-20-2008 02:30 AM

Company X-- week#1 final

2678 paid miles ( practical-short)

48 hours by the house picking up gear over the weekend

Weeks Begin/End Wednesday Night 5pm

I'll finish out the year- 2008 with brief summery reports.

Thank you all & my friends here at CAD for taking an interest.

Ps-- I see DacFix is now advertising here... despite TF's comments that they are a "scam" outfit.

Bumper 11-20-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 420465)
That's a Big 10-4 headborg! Is this the new headborg ride?:thumbsup:
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/l...re122/kllm.jpg

I guy I went through orientation with at Pride just quit and went to work for KLLM in Fontana. Out of the 10 of us in that class only 1 person is still with them. I was the first to leave.

headborg 11-21-2008 03:52 AM

No Company X is NOT KLLM.

:smokin:

headborg 11-28-2008 04:19 AM

Company X week#2:

3536 miles in 4 days/ 3 days wasted in various frustrating manner.

8 hours spent broke down in shop in Pueblo, Co
1 day at yard shop getting other problems fixed b4 they brake down on me
1 day wasted over the weekend( 500 total miles dispatched over the weekend)
11 hour detention at Target at end of that fantastic weekend load

= 2 days+ 19 hours of wasted time

belpre122 11-28-2008 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 426151)

= total compensation to employee of Company X for stated time?

slipseater 11-28-2008 04:28 PM

Is that one company?

Is that Shaeffer-Heartland one company? I had heart good things about Heartland, but all the sitting around would totally suck! That's sort of funny yet sad how you did the math. Truck drivers are being paid less and less each year and we need to do somthing about it. It's getting to be pathetic.

geargrinder 11-28-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 426151)
Company X week#2:

3536 miles in 4 days/ 3 days wasted in various frustrating manner.

8 hours spent broke down in shop in Pueblo, Co
1 day at yard shop getting other problems fixed b4 they brake down on me
1 day wasted over the weekend( 500 total miles dispatched over the weekend)
11 hour detention at Target at end of that fantastic weekend load

Am I missing something here?

884 = 3536 miles / 4 days

No way.

belpre122 11-28-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 426238)
Am I missing something here?

884 = 3536 miles / 4 days

No way.

I believe him. Headborg has way too much street cred on here to be BSing us about that. Looks like our HB is now running "hot 'n heavy!":o

geargrinder 11-28-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 426272)
I believe him. Headborg has way too much street cred on here to be BSing us about that. Looks like our HB is now running "hot 'n heavy!":o

gotta get while you can, as fast as you can.

headborg 12-04-2008 12:15 AM

Week#3: 3391 total running miles

breaks down as follows:

Wednesday 5pm-midnite: 0 miles El Paso, Tx
TurkeyDay(Thanksgiving): 319 mile DH after stuffing Petro Buffet down to be N Tucson, ready to pick up produce Friday

Friday, Tucson-Nogalas- St. Louis-Kansas City- Loveland, co
Sat,
Sun,
Mon-- up to 4pm on phone asking Where to Next Where at In AM

answer: call back later.... 4pm Drop/Hook Walmart Loveland--- no answer on phone---- setting at Johnson's Corner from 5pm- Midnite

Tuesday: Setting from 7am- 2pm waiting for them to find another load

Tuesday Nite- Wednesday Nite 5pm Running load

Basically 2 work days( 7hrs+7 hrs+ 7hrs) wasted + a holiday( slow/low miles)

headborg 12-12-2008 02:02 PM

Ladies & Gents---Just got to say--- there are companies FAR...Far...worse than Crete or Heartland...and man did I find one.....Week#4: 1400 miles? 1600Miles?

headborg 12-14-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 428485)
Ladies & Gents---Just got to say--- there are companies FAR...Far...worse than Crete or Heartland...and man did I find one.....Week#4: 1400 miles? 1600Miles?

Ok, got the laptop back up and running-- so the actual PC*miler short miles are for week#4 are --1831

but with such a "fast" truck and no log department rules--- that 1831 got done in 2.5days-- that left me setting the rest of the week. Man was that brutal.

belpre122 12-14-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 428834)
Ok, got the laptop back up and running-- so the actual PC*miler short miles are for week#4 are --1831

but with such a "fast" truck and no log department rules--- that 1831 got done in 2.5days-- that left me setting the rest of the week. Man was that brutal.

Sounds real brutal HB. I saw your post in the other thread about the 'witholding' practices. Will the time come when you tell us the 'rest of the story' and let us know what really went down?

headborg 12-14-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by belpre122 (Post 428853)
Sounds real brutal HB. I saw your post in the other thread about the 'witholding' practices. Will the time come when you tell us the 'rest of the story' and let us know what really went down?

there is No...'rest of the story' to tell.

I spent 4 months there-- did the math, suffered hardship of 'quality of live' living in that piece of junk for not 5 days nor 6 days- but 7-10 days at a stretch.. home time was not what was promised-- did the communicating to those " driver retention persons--Tracy & Tom or John( forgot the name) was like talking to a wall--

there was steady 'work' there-- and it's true-- these are hard economic times good advice to stay with a larger company that's stable and solid--

It just wasn't going to be a win on any side of the equation for me...

losing miles & home-time if I stayed there... if there had been a upside-- I'd have put up a little longer with the truck breakdowns(3 in one month) & their polices & Heartland Cares....
Hell, I set at one of their customers in NC loading cardboard 'lucky charm' cereal boxes for OVER 24 hours--- no detention pay until you're there- 8hrs, then they paid 50.00 bucks.

Crete pays $10.00 an hour after the first 2! But I also noticed there were NO Crete trucks picking up at that "Top shelf" company! Only Heartland & Westside Transport--- the loads all go to General Mills- Cedar Rapids, Ia.

You're looking for 'Drama' that just isn't there...

I think the 'straw' that broke the 'camels' back-- was not getting any of those good 'whole' weekends-- then calling the "driver retention" person-- calmly explaining I was unhappy with the 'no delivery' of the promises I was
made-- three weekends streight with little time at home,then having them set up a phone call to my Terminal Manager-- having the Terminal Manager tell me they'd work hard to get me More hometime 'next weekend'--- then getting as close as Little Rock, Ar-- then shot east with a Walmart Load out of Searcy,Ar to eastern Tenn--- 0 hometime instead of 'More' . It spelled it right out for me--- they
don't give a rats Ass about your hometime-- it doesn't make them money it doesn't save them money.
That's when I found out-- I live in Arkansas so I have to run out of Olive Branch, but all the Load Planning for Arkansas is done in North Liberty, Ia-- so MY terminal's hands were "tied" we couldn't get you home--sorry!( from my own fricking state!) and North Liberty Needed that load covered.

belpre122 12-15-2008 04:39 AM

No, wasn't really looking for any drama HB. Just kind of wanted to see you sum it all up. Which you did in that post. Thanks and I hope that things start turning around for you, B

headborg 12-17-2008 11:27 PM

week#5:

2362 miles between much setting

Bumper 12-23-2008 04:18 AM

I took this week off and maybe to the end of the year too. Need a break.

headborg 01-06-2009 06:07 AM

Lets finish out the 2008:

week#6 ***uming Dec 17th 5pm- Dec 24th 5pm

Sedalia, Mo-Edwardsville, Mo- Springfield, Mo

Total miles: 433

Breaks down to:

Wednesday Night setting at Tyson waiting still to unload
Thursday deadhead to yard for repairs
Thursday+Friday until Noon--- jacked around by shop-- which repaired nothing on my writeup list and the told me they were're going to repair the other stuff... almost quite but they had this load to Springfield which I was hoping I could get kicked off Saturday THEN bounce home for Christmas- was offered the "option" of deadheading to the house Friday -- but that would have knocked me out of getting paid ANYTHING for the week( including the deadhead from Sedalia to Yard. So I rolled the dice and ended up setting in Springfield for the weekend-- not nice people at receiver-- they wouldn't unload me early. Bounced home Monday morning- was home by noon.

Week#7
December 24th 5pm-- December 31st 11:59 pm

Mountain Home, Ar-Rogers, Ar-Shelbyville, In-Hebron, KY-Bridgeton, Mo- Velmeyer, Il- Columbia, Il- Neely's Landing, Mo- Vega, Tx

2105 paid miles

Happy New Year.

headborg 04-27-2013 09:31 AM

Ok.. People the Headborg Chronicles continue for 2 years over at my (almost Abandoned) message board at ~~The Driver's Lounge~~ - Home and details almost 2 years at Dynamic Transit up until they discovered my identity and threatened me with termination if I continued to dish out the good/bad and illegal activities. I've been away from trucking & Dynamic Transit now for a little over a year and soon to start perhaps a new decade of trucking as a dumb ass lease-purchase would-be Owner Operator.... probably will document that experience here at CAD-- to a wider audience and perhaps remain concealed longer that way.... are message boards still alive or has everyone gone to facebook?

VPIDarkAngel 04-29-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 525295)
are message boards still alive or has everyone gone to facebook?

Some of us still copy the mail here.

GMAN 04-29-2013 03:39 AM

There are still a lot of people still hanging around the forum. We don't have as many people posting, but still have regulars who check in. Not everyone posts on Facebook. In fact, I think that Facebook and Twitter have both lost some of their appeal since it has come out that the government has been monitoring them with regularity. They may be monitoring the forums, but that hasn't come out yet.

belpre122 05-01-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by headborg (Post 525295)
and soon to start perhaps a new decade of trucking as a dumb ass lease-purchase would-be Owner Operator....

Hey HB! Good to see you're still out there kickin! We are ready for your next thread re: HB's trucking/life adventures!

Regarding the quote above............. Remember, you said it. :p

Welcome back. B