Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   how do people feel about knight transport? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31678-how-do-people-feel-about-knight-transport.html)

rangerroy 01-06-2008 06:27 PM

how do people feel about knight transport?

just wondering about knight dont seem to hear to much about them good or bad and also did i read in a post that maverick purchased schneider national i wonder is that good or bad i kinda was looking at schneider.

RebelDarlin 01-06-2008 06:33 PM

Welcome.

The search feature is your friend, use it often.

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/search.php

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-06-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Welcome.

People who post a comment about using the search feature ...must not use it very often , Because you should try typing in Knight ..or Knight transportation ..or anything referencing Knight ,Or any other company ...You will get pages an pages of non related threads/topics that are completely unrelated to your search .

rangerroy 01-06-2008 07:46 PM

knight

ya thats what pretty much happened read through alot some of yours, bits and pieces kinda the same things some beochin their terrible and others say who aint still reading tho.

rangerroy 01-06-2008 07:49 PM

who do you drive for big jeep? just curious see your posts all the time

Fredog 01-06-2008 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:

Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Welcome.

People who post a comment about using the search feature ...must not use it very often , Because you should try typing in Knight ..or Knight transportation ..or anything referencing Knight ,Or any other company ...You will get pages an pages of non related threads/topics that are completely unrelated to your search .

no matter what you put in the search box, you will get the same results. the search engine here is pretty much useless

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-06-2008 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerroy
who do you drive for big jeep? just curious see your posts all the time

I drover for Werner for 2.5 years ...made about 30k a year ,which is about tops for non dedicated at Werner I was only there as long as I was because I wanted to wait 2 tickets I had in 2005 to clear my history ...Now I'm considering Knight or Gainey I got orientaion set for Both :wink: the 8th for Knight ,and 16th for Gainey ...I've talked to drivers for both Gainey and knight who were not driver recruiters in my travels as a driver for the Big Blue , and think I can make money at either one...However Knight has facilities in denver Co ,So just like werner I will have place to park the truck without having to leave it at the T/A when on home time .

rangerroy 01-06-2008 08:14 PM

Thanks for info,basicaly in a nut shell im self employed lease runs till end of feb got cdl permit already and thats were the fun starts looking at schools that will be recognized or not didnt realy want the companies training wanted my own dont know if this is the wrong attitude or not its funny asking questions about trucking companies is seams you get more confused about them after than before i was looking at knight and schneider and maverick i live in minnesota and knight has a term about 10 miles from home and i see they have trailers in the yard that say student driver on them emailed and called them no responce from last week yet stiil aint any farther from when i started i like to find out about schools so i dont goto school and then find out oh that school aint on our list sorry ahole.

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-06-2008 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rangerroy
Thanks for info,basicaly in a nut shell im self employed lease runs till end of feb got cdl permit already and thats were the fun starts looking at schools that will be recognized or not didnt realy want the companies training wanted my own dont know if this is the wrong attitude or not its funny asking questions about trucking companies is seams you get more confused about them after than before i was looking at knight and schneider and maverick i live in minnesota and knight has a term about 10 miles from home and i see they have trailers in the yard that say student driver on them emailed and called them no responce from last week yet stiil aint any farther from when i started i like to find out about schools so i dont goto school and then find out oh that school aint on our list sorry ahole.

The shooling is a funny thing any way ,because after you get your CDL you will need to go out with a trainer for atleast 4 weeks as a new driver the average is between 4-8 weeks when all is said and done and you get assigned your own truck ...some companies like prime are even longer than this . as for the schooling most of the 3wk 160 hr schools are good for all the companies that take recent driving school grads with ZERO experience ,some of the companies that require 6 months or so will take you if the school was PDTI certified ...But I don't see the difference ,as it's not like they just hand you the keys to a truck , as they still oput you with a trainer for atleast a month regardless of the school you graduated from , But you are best to research the companies and choose the one you want to go to then find out what schools thay recognize .

Uturn2001 01-07-2008 12:29 AM

Last I heard Knight was experiementing with taking newbie drivers and this was on a very limited basis. Otherwise you will need 4-6 months OTR experience to work for them.

I worked for Knight 2 years ago out of the KC terminal and they were, IMHO, the 2nd best company I drove for. My only complaint with them was having to hunt down empty trailers from time to time. LA and Atlanta were by far the worst for this. Other than that I got home when I wanted, ran where I wanted to run, was kept busy, did not have to fight with the log book (if I could not complete a run legally as dispatched they would either re power it or change the appointment time). Good equipment, true open door policy, etc.