Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   dry bulk tankers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31646-dry-bulk-tankers.html)

jw6831 01-05-2008 11:36 AM

dry bulk tankers

anyone with experience hauling dry bulk tankers, anything i should know before going into this

jokerpop 01-05-2008 12:34 PM

Re: dry bulk tankers

Quote:

Originally Posted by jw6831
anyone with experience hauling dry bulk tankers, anything i should know before going into this

I like it. Less of a hassle, No BS with shipping and unloading. I pull up at the sand plant and they fill her up around 52,000 lb and down the road I go. When I unload it's hook the hose up to the truck and silo, turn on the blower. Takes about 1 to 1 1/2 to unload. If I have to wait to unload, I get wait time after the 1st hour.
Try to get a dedicated run. I like my dedicated run because: I'm dealing with the same people every day and the pay is not up one week and down the next. I gross $805 for 5 days and $1050 if I run 5 days and a Saturday.(Not including waiting time)That can add around $100 to my gross. Nice thing is I'm home every night.
Now the down side it's not a 8 to 5 job. But thats trucking LOL

jw6831 01-05-2008 01:05 PM

Hey Jokerpop, thanks for the info, this co i'm looking at seems ok, 44cpm, good vac package, only thing is otr, but 95 is thier main corridor which means i may get home more often, i'll let you know, will be leaving 1/14

Doktari 01-05-2008 02:40 PM

JW, mind sharing the co name? I'd like to check out their details. Maybe a webpage link? Thanks,
Dok

jw6831 01-05-2008 03:02 PM

dry bulk tanker

Lisk Trucking.com

jw6831 01-05-2008 03:07 PM

Hey Dok, let me know what you think about this co.,

MoneyCat 01-05-2008 03:30 PM

I just started with superior carriers this week. They told me since I live in Richmond (no company terminal here) I'll be doing dry bulk stuff here locally. Also, the baltimore terminal has 12hrs shifts for dry bulk monday-friday schedule. I believe their pay is $16.18/hour

Doktari 01-05-2008 03:39 PM

Well JW, there's not a lot of info on their website. Thanks for sharing it though. I was hoping to see where they hired out of but my guess is it's pretty close to where they're headquartered. .44/mile is good though, 3 weeks vacation for all OTR drivers out of the gate is strong too. Not a lot of other info though. From what I see it looks good though. Just wish I could see more of their operating areas/lanes. I tried to call but no answer. They gave an after hours dispatch # but didnt' want to bother those folks.

Thanks again though.

Doktari 01-05-2008 03:43 PM

I used to live in Southern Pines, NC. What a great town that was. My wife was in the Air Force stationed out of Pope. Would love to go back there (60 miles from Polkton) but the problem with NC (at least when we lived there) was the economy really sucked. And if you were in the textile industry in NC, you were out of a job.

jw6831 01-05-2008 03:50 PM

Hey thanks again dok, for your input, very small co., but when i start will keep you up to date, try calling mon-fri, ask for donnie driver manager, sounds like real nice down to earth guy, far as running areas, was told 60-80 %, of freight running I-95 corridor