Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   need job. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31524-need-job.html)

trucken39 12-29-2007 03:24 PM

need job.

OK. First of all i have about 8 years driving otr and local, even a trainer 1 time.
The last time i drove was about 9years ago.
I had to leave trucking to work in the family buss.
I now would like to drive again, but i cant find a job.
CDL CLASS A W/TANK/DT (NO HAZ)
DRIVING RECORD VERY CLEAN NOTHING ON IT. NO ACCIDENTS AT ALL. NO POINTS NEVER A DUI/OR C/R/D..NOTHING.
I would like to find a company that runs from n/e pa down south east or s/west to texas.. (NO NY/NORTH EAST/ NEW ENGLAND STATES.)
I would like the company to have a terminal in florida because i will be moving there in about 3 or 4 months.
Anyone know of a company like that?
Thank you.

Uturn2001 12-29-2007 03:33 PM

As you are aware your lack of recent experience is what the problem is.

You might want to talk to Heartland Express. They have a "refresher" program that might be able to get you back in the saddle again.

It is the best I have for you.

trucken39 12-29-2007 03:41 PM

Hi..yes i understand that my recent experience is the problem, i hope i can find a company that will help..
Thank you.

mbadriver 12-29-2007 04:35 PM

Re: need job.

Seriously, we would all like to leave the Northeast Monday morning, drive to Texas, unload, then be back in the Northeast on Friday :wink: Talk about a :D camper.

I'd just wait until you get to Florida and find a job when you get there. Something like Indian River hauling tanks of OJ up North. In my opinion to stay out of the Northeast is unrealistic. A healthy chunk of the USA's population lives there. Even though they hate trucks and truckers, they still need us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by trucken39
OK. First of all i have about 8 years driving otr and local, even a trainer 1 time.
DRIVING RECORD VERY CLEAN NOTHING ON IT. NO ACCIDENTS AT ALL. NO POINTS NEVER A DUI/OR C/R/D..NOTHING.
I would like to find a company that runs from n/e pa down south east or s/west to texas.. (NO NY/NORTH EAST/ NEW ENGLAND STATES.)
I would like the company to have a terminal in florida because i will be moving there in about 3 or 4 months.
Thank you.

Fredog 12-29-2007 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver
Seriously, we would all like to leave the Northeast Monday morning, drive to Texas, unload, then be back in the Northeast on Friday :wink: Talk about a :D camper.

I'd just wait until you get to Florida and find a job when you get there. Something like Indian River hauling tanks of OJ up North. In my opinion to stay out of the Northeast is unrealistic. A healthy chunk of the USA's population lives there. Even though they hate trucks and truckers, they still need us.

Quote:

Thank you.

I would recommend you stay far far away from Indian River, maybe try Bynum or Carry

Inspections:
Inspection Type Vehicle Driver Hazmat
Inspections 356 614 1
Out of Service 70 61 0
Out of Service % 19.7% 9.9% 0%
Nat'l Average %
(2005-2006) 23.14% 6.80% 5.39%

Crashes reported to FMCSA by states for 24 months prior to: 12/26/2007

Crashes:
Type Fatal Injury Tow Total
Crashes 1 15 24 40

mbadriver 12-29-2007 06:59 PM

We are all a blink away from becoming a statistic. 2 out of 3 ain't bad :wink: All they gotta do is teach their driver's how to log!

I don't know much about them, other than shooting the breeze with one of their drivers while waiting for USA customs.

There isn't much else to haul out of florida.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbadriver

Quote:

Thank you.

I would recommend you stay far far away from Indian River, maybe try Bynum or Carry

Inspections:
Inspection Type Vehicle Driver Hazmat
Inspections 356 614 1
Out of Service 70 61 0
Out of Service % 19.7% 9.9% 0%
Nat'l Average %
(2005-2006) 23.14% 6.80% 5.39%

Crashes reported to FMCSA by states for 24 months prior to: 12/26/2007

Crashes:
Type Fatal Injury Tow Total
Crashes 1 15 24 40

Cluggy619 12-29-2007 09:21 PM

Get your hazmat, and haul fuel. Florida got some good companies. However, we are getting into the slow time of the year for loads, so waiting the 3-4 months till you get there would put you into the season when it picks up again.

Good luck.

nickbtubas 12-30-2007 09:12 PM

i would look deep into heartland express if you are considering them... LOOK VERY DEEP... dont get blinded by $0.50/mile propaganda