Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Heaalth Insurance?? Which companies provide the best/cheap (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31378-heaalth-insurance-companies-provide-best-cheap.html)

Crunchyknees 12-21-2007 05:10 AM

Heaalth Insurance?? Which companies provide the best/cheap

HI All

Which companies for new drivers would provide the most comprehensive insurance at the cheapest prices ?? Is there any companies that provide benefits from day one or within a month of employment?

Alot of companies tout their benefit packages. But, if you take a real close look they're pretty bad. Some of these companies are charging close to 25 bucks a week for individual coverage. I pay for Blue Cross myself and its 160 per month.

geomon 12-21-2007 05:51 AM

Can't help you with your insurance questions but your name brings a chuckle...especially from someone that's had 6 knee operations.... :?

Crunchyknees 12-21-2007 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geomon
Can't help you with your insurance questions but your name brings a chuckle...especially from someone that's had 6 knee operations.... :?

Yea, I was kinda hoping they'd have something to repair cartilage by now. But, i remember when i started losing my hair and said the same thing. MY mom used to say "If wishes were coaches then beggars would ride........"

steelhauler2007 12-21-2007 02:08 PM

If you have your own insurance I would keep it.Most carriers you will have to wait 60-90 days,then you have the pre existing condition clause that comes into play.If you are an experienced driver Schneiders insurance kicks in from day one.Being a new driver,it isn't going to happen.G/L

Uturn2001 12-21-2007 06:19 PM

For the most part, your best and most affordable coverage will be found at the union companies, which are usually LTL type outfits.

dsldriver 12-21-2007 10:38 PM

Best insurance package I've ever had was through Crete Carriers. It was Blue Cross/Blue Shield. Can't remember the cost, but it wasn't bad.

As a new driver, though, you might have to get a few miles under your belt before they'll hire you. Wouldn't hurt to try, though.

mbadriver 12-27-2007 02:42 AM

Re: Heaalth Insurance?? Which companies provide the best/ch

Falcon Transport was really cheap - like $25-$35 a week for FAMILY coverage. Roehl was a total rip-off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crunchyknees
HI All

Which companies for new drivers would provide the most comprehensive insurance at the cheapest prices ?? Is there any companies that provide benefits from day one or within a month of employment?

Alot of companies tout their benefit packages. But, if you take a real close look they're pretty bad. Some of these companies are charging close to 25 bucks a week for individual coverage. I pay for Blue Cross myself and its 160 per month.

Colts Fan 12-27-2007 03:09 AM

Mods please do something about that repulsive avatar.

GTR SILVER 12-27-2007 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Mods please do something about that repulsive avatar.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :? :shock: :shock:

BIG JEEP on 44's 12-27-2007 03:40 AM

We need a size limit on Avatars no pun intended ...Looks like a set of female team drivers from Werner . :lol: