Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Prime buys TRL? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/31152-prime-buys-trl.html)

dollarshort 12-09-2007 08:51 AM

Prime buys TRL?

I just overheard that Prime acquired TRL. Does anyone know if this is true?

DaveP 12-09-2007 12:16 PM

I saw a Prime hooked to a TRL trailer Friday morning in Kentucky.

coalregion 12-09-2007 12:39 PM

I have a bud that used to drive a dedicated run for them between here (in NE PA) and S Carolina. I haven't talked to him in about a year or so, but if I can locate his email address I'll drop him a line and ask. He was pretty content with them, but you know how that goes. They could have cheesed him off over the past year or so and he jumped ship... :lol: If he didn't and the rumor of the buyout is true, my guess is he's packing as i type this :lol:

12-09-2007 03:16 PM

I heard a TRL driver in indianapolis over the CB recently talking to togher drivers about their companies........she said she was leaving TRL because Prime was buying them...so yeah, I have heard that chatter as well, seems like that might be happening

century451 12-09-2007 04:12 PM

I believe Prime bought TRL as well as Passmore trucking in Oklahoma.

Flashmann 12-09-2007 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by century451
I believe Prime bought TRL as well as Passmore trucking in Oklahoma.

I don't know about TRL,but Prime aqquired Passmore almost 2 years ago......

headborg 12-10-2007 02:05 AM

Yeah,, somethings up...I just saw a Prime truck hook to a TRL and drag it out
of Romark Logistics- Hazleton, Pa----thought he was Hard-up for cash and stealing someone's trailer!

Just asked this same question a hour ago on CB.

shortround 12-10-2007 06:55 AM

its all true

yes prime did buy out trl all the trl trks that were leased are to be retruned to owners trls some will stay like the refeers rest not sure .prime will now have new treminal in pittson pa were trl was. means alot more coast to coast freight but will be hauled in refeer units as allowable.i know alot of poeple dont care for prime but i guess i must be lucky no problems to really speak of in almost 13 years here .just do my job and dont worry about the otheirs . stay safe out there and if i have a trl trailer i didnt steal it lol .

BigAtrukn 12-10-2007 08:41 PM

Yea i saw a yellow TRL international hooked to a Prime trailer at the Albertsons DC here in Brea, CA

cdltruckstop 12-11-2007 12:49 AM

I have spoke with several drivers that confirms this allegation. Prime took over on 12/03 according to my sources. SOLD!!!