Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Tanker Pay and Benefits (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30867-tanker-pay-benefits.html)

DDCavi 05-10-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 449259)
I thought DOW was lost because the first load in the contract was screwed up - wrong product, connected to the wrong pipe. Something like that.

The bad news, in the words of Springsteen; "Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back to your hometown"

No way that could happen in maine. The unloaders hook everything up for the driver. All they have to do is pop the top.

geargrinder 05-10-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 449571)
No way that could happen in maine. The unloaders hook everything up for the driver. All they have to do is pop the top.

That's assuming you have the correct trailer.

DDCavi 05-10-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geargrinder (Post 449666)
That's assuming you have the correct trailer.

This is true, but 9/10 you bring an empty to Dow. Load, come back to the yard and deliver the next day. You dont unhook unti its empty.

geargrinder 05-10-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 449667)
This is true, but 9/10 you bring an empty to Dow. Load, come back to the yard and deliver the next day. You dont unhook unti its empty.

Just telling you what I heard. Something like the TO, BOL, and Trailer didn't match, no one caught it, and the wrong crap was delivered. End of contract.

DDCavi 05-10-2009 08:04 PM

I know our first delivery to Baltimore with Ammonium Sulfate was delievered to the wrong side, same product just wrong place. Big mistake, but I guess they kissed enough ass that they kept Superior on.

To be honest I have no clue what happened with Dow, all we get is the heresay. Only the upper management knows for sure. The way stuff has been going in Maine I wouldnt be surprised by anything. Drivers are not paying attention to job duties anymore. The fear of how am I going to live is take first spot, and everything after that is a crap shoot.

geargrinder 05-10-2009 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDCavi (Post 449685)
I know our first delivery to Baltimore with Ammonium Sulfate was delievered to the wrong side, same product just wrong place. Big mistake, but I guess they kissed enough ass that they kept Superior on.

To be honest I have no clue what happened with Dow, all we get is the heresay. Only the upper management knows for sure. The way stuff has been going in Maine I wouldnt be surprised by anything. Drivers are not paying attention to job duties anymore. The fear of how am I going to live is take first spot, and everything after that is a crap shoot.

It's hard to stay on top your game when work is so sporadic.

Cyanide 07-03-2009 01:18 AM

Oakley update...

Oakley update...

Just got the word from a very good friend there about a nice move that Oakley just did to save quite a few $$$, implememnted a couple weeks ago! Ya ready?

-Elimination of the Retention Bonus and the Monthly Mileage Bonus. Looks like they're trying to get back to competing with the other two for "Biggest Florida Scumbag Company" award :eek2:

:thumbsdown:

sooundman11568 07-03-2009 11:54 PM

does that mean your not going to work for them now .LOL BRO.

1catfish 07-05-2009 01:41 PM

i'll be glad when i get my full year in with superior, so i can go with a complete reference.come on september.:lol:

1catfish 07-05-2009 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1catfish (Post 455308)
i'll be glad when i get my full year in with superior, so i can go with a complete reference.come on september.:lol:

but hey, that would play right into there plan of natural attrition,now would'nt it.