Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Quality Carrier (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/30243-quality-carrier.html)

vontrial 10-17-2007 01:09 AM

Quality Carrier

Anyone have any info on Quality Carrier, the good and bad.

Thanks in advance.

mudpuddle 10-17-2007 01:11 AM

There are much better tank companies out there.

Skywalker 10-17-2007 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpuddle
There are much better tank companies out there.

Ditto.

Cyanide 10-17-2007 06:57 PM

I third the opinion...

san415 10-18-2007 11:55 PM

Vontrial, My Husband is an O/O for Quality, I think they do have some company drivers but have more O/O drivers. He likes them alot and he makes very good money there. They try to give him the loads he wants and likes to do, and every one has been very nice. I don't think he has ever said a negative thing. He was a city supervisor and can be very fussy ( read that as crabby) and errors or lazy people piss him off, so that says alot. He did change home terminals, he nor they had any problem with that. He works when he wants and takes time off when he wants. He can either bring the tank home with the truck or come home with out it, they dont care. We live 75 mile from his home terminal, so he isnt there very often.
He is right now delivering a haz mat load to Utah from Michigan. He will be at the tank wash tonight then dispatched from Utah for the next load, He will stay out for 2 to 3 weeks, then stay home for a week or so. Some guys there like to be home every week end and some like local stuff. They all seem to get what ever they want. But... Alot of that depends on the terminal Manager. He has liked both that he worked for. Both were company terminals.
Hope this helps you.

Skywalker 10-19-2007 01:02 AM

The biggest thing about QC....is that the various different terminals are "affiliates", and as such....determine the pay drivers get...if they have company drivers. How they handle O/O's is another matter.

I talked to a "company driver" for the QC terminal in DE...he had a "sweet deal", and on the other hand...the guy that runs the Tampa Terminal will pay you less than Swift...

Its definitely a "Caveat Emptor" situation.

mudpuddle 10-19-2007 02:07 AM

I believe that most of the company drivers for QC actually drive for owner operators. It's ok if you work for a good one but the drivers are not all on equal footing.

Quality carriers terminals are mostly affiliates as Skywalker said. In my research choosing a tank company I was told my several quality drivers that the affiliates are constantly screwing each other over because they are not getting along. Fine if you are an O/O because you can work the system to make it ok for you but awful for a company driver stuck in the middle.

I was counceled by people I trust to not work for them. I have never worked there and certainly could be wrong but four reliable people told me the same thing. I passed up working there and went to Superior even though the QC terminal is half the distance from my house. Take that for what its worth.

mike3fan 10-19-2007 02:42 AM

IMO,some or I should say alot of their equipment looks below other tanker carriers standards.

san415 10-23-2007 11:37 PM

sorry been to busy to be online for a few days. My Husband said to make sure I mentioned that QC is very bad at getting reloads. Reloads for drivers when they are in the system are just about not there, the terminals save most loads for only their drivers. He said he thinks Dana is good? Thats what he has heard, never leased onto them. And nothing wrong with Superior, just that he thinks they are more for company drivers rather than O/O. Anyway he said no reloads is important for drivers to know about, sorry I didn't include that negative thing, in my other post.