Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   marten (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/29905-marten.html)

satch 09-27-2007 10:46 AM

marten

how are the miles for the otr div. out of mondovi ?do they have pre pass ?
anyone who has ever drove for them i would appreciate your opinion on the companie overall .
also what custumers would i be seeing a lot of.

TruckerChris 09-27-2007 12:10 PM

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=28200

lucky13 09-28-2007 06:24 PM

Re: marten

Quote:

Originally Posted by satch
how are the miles for the otr div. out of mondovi ?do they have pre pass ?
anyone who has ever drove for them i would appreciate your opinion on the companie overall .
also what custumers would i be seeing a lot of.

I used to drive for Marten one they dont have pre pass and they dont have I pass or ez pass for tolls you pay the tolls cash and get reimbersed,as far as customers you will do alot of beer loads,General Mills (frozen foods) and Proctor and Gamble. They are a pretty good company to drive for pay per mile is above most companys and when you go to orientation they will fly you there not put you on a bus like most companys. If you are looking to be home on weekends Marten is not the company for you.

satch 09-28-2007 08:49 PM

thanks for the info .
to bad marten does not use pre pass . i got a little spoiled getting all the green lights at the scales. guess that will come to an end .
i assume the beer runs that marten does would be with the reefer off

steelhauler2007 09-28-2007 10:55 PM

If you haul beer for Coors,your reefer will be on.They want it to be around 36 degrees.Budweiser always said just don't let it freeze.All beer loads are heavy.Glad I drive a flatbed.

namakanta 09-30-2007 04:23 PM

with marten if you run out of the mondovi term. you will see a lot of n.j. and nyc. (hunts point) a good chunk of your 14 hours will be tied up in detention. not to many loads with high miles that go coast to coast.
if you are lucky enough to get a coast to coast load most likely it will have two or three stops.
the equipment is good although governed at 68 maybe 65 now.
all in all hard to obtain 2500 miles over there.

TK THE TRUCKER 10-01-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namakanta
with marten if you run out of the mondovi term. you will see a lot of n.j. and nyc. (hunts point) a good chunk of your 14 hours will be tied up in detention. not to many loads with high miles that go coast to coast.
if you are lucky enough to get a coast to coast load most likely it will have two or three stops.
the equipment is good although governed at 68 maybe 65 now.
all in all hard to obtain 2500 miles over there.

Marten doesn't run trucks out of certain terminals except for some dedicated freight. Nearly everything is ran through the main terminal in Mondovi. The whole time I worked there I never had a load to NYC and the 2 friends I still keep in touch with there have never been there either. 8)

satch 10-01-2007 04:50 AM

it does not matter to me if they send me to nyc or not (it"s jersey i hate)as long as i get long loads as opposed to a lot of short trips with little miles .
anyone could tell me what the average length of haul is at marten.
and if they have a lot of midwest to west coast / southwest loads.
when i run i like to stay out a minumun of five to eight weeks.
there seems to be alot of former marten drivers here. i am curious why you all left.
all my expierence is with dry van i am used to drop and hook . is that pretty much non existent with a reefer ?[/quote]

Double R 10-01-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

it does not matter to me if they send me to nyc or not (it"s jersey i hate)
You'll see ALOT of NJ with Marten :D

satch 10-05-2007 01:45 AM

just read tk trucker my space trucking blog . it gave a detaled description of all the loads he pulled in a six month period for marten .
it seems he gets detained on both sides of his load so much that if you acumillated all that time in a week,it would ad up to what a lot of drivers drive.
after reading his blog iam having second thoughts as to driving for a company that will waste my fourteen hour clock on a continual basis .
is this the norm for marten drivers? or did t.k. just get stuck with all the b.s.?
anyone know how much marten pays a driver for all that detention? i could not find the detention rate on their site