Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Getting out of JB...what about these?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/28669-getting-out-jb-what-about-these.html)

chris_stfc 07-31-2007 11:05 PM

Getting out of JB...what about these??

I am getting out of JB, was running Dedicated for Target...not nearly enough miles and too much sitting (otherwise I quite liked it there).

these are the companies I am currently considering
Celadon, PGT, Smith, Dick Lavy and US Express. Anyone have any thoughts on these companies and who of these I should avoid like the plague? I have just over a year in now. I am leaning toward either Celadon or PGT.

Thanks all for your time!!

Cluggy619 07-31-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Getting out of JB...what about these??

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris_stfc
I am getting out of JB, was running Dedicated for Target...not nearly enough miles and too much sitting (otherwise I quite liked it there).

Celadon, PGT, Smith, Dick Lavy and US Express. Anyone have any thoughts on these companies and who of these I should avoid like the plague? I have just over a year in now. I am leaning toward either Celadon or PGT.

Don't get me wrong for asking, I'm glad your leaving JB. But what kind of miles were you getting at JB, and how common are those miles for every driver over there?

dollarshort 08-01-2007 12:19 AM

Exactly what I said before. Dedicated could mean dedicated crap.

I sure sheepdancer could sell you on another run :P

08-01-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

I am getting out of JB, was running Dedicated for Target...not nearly enough miles and too much sitting.

Common complaint with JB. Short-haul work, lots of sitting. 300-mile night dispatches after you've been awake all day and your body clock is on the fritz.

But according to Sheepdancer, you don't have what it takes to succeed at JB. You don't have a positive attitude in regards to donating your time for nothing to a major corporation.

chris_stfc 08-01-2007 01:20 AM

I have been getting probably a MAX of 2700 down to as low as 1500....I am sure that if I as out more than the minumum 2 weeks I probably would have gotten more. I would rather have more money if I am going to be out for 2 weeks and I have been at home for the past 3 weeks having had a brief and successful fight with cancer.

Karnajj 08-01-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

If your MVR is clean then Crete will beat all those on your list easily. Plenty of miles and you would probably start out at .41 cpm. You could go national or regional at a .03 cpm cut. Living in Illinois you wouldn't have any problem getting home either. If not Crete then Smith and Lavy are both good companies. I applied at Lavy several years ago and the only reason I didn't go with them was the fact they wanted me park the truck at their terminal when I went home. Terminal is two hours away. This may have changed since then.

firefighteremtb78 08-01-2007 03:16 AM

Quote:

I am sure that if I as out more than the minumum 2 weeks I probably would have gotten more. I would rather have more money if I am going to be out for 2 weeks and I have been at home for the past 3 weeks having had a brief and successful fight with cancer.
No you wouldnt trust me im out for month and I havent seen more than 1700 miles going on now for 3 weeks

continental 08-03-2007 11:58 PM

I love JB!...or, was it BJ? :roll:

Outlaw7577 08-04-2007 12:03 AM

Just my view, but on that target account with J.B., you were probubly getting about average miles, so research your next step very deep, or you could have just short changed yourself hand.

God luck with it just the same.
Outlaw