Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   C.R.E ?? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/28523-c-r-e.html)

repete 07-25-2007 11:18 PM

C.R.E ??

I was at a beer wherehouse today and had another driver recommend
CR England as a great company to work for :shock: he said lot's of miles even though the pay scales a little low.I thought about it for about half a second then realized that #1 this driver is now driveing for someone else.
#2 (and this is the big one) he's waiting for a wrecker to lift the loaded trailer that he just dropped in the lot :oops:
So much for CRE training! just thought I'd share this

Out 2 weeks and thu the house 2x I like it here at Crete :)

danske 07-26-2007 01:57 PM

Re: C.R.E ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete
CR England as a great company to work for :shock: he said lot's of miles even though the pay scales a little low.I thought about it for about half a second then realized that #1 this driver is now driveing for someone else.
#2 (and this is the big one) he's waiting for a wrecker to lift the loaded trailer that he just dropped in the lot :oops:

You drive for Crete and for "half a second" thought about driving for CRE?!? I am not sure I understand the point of your post.

It sounds like you are doing well at where you are at. BOL

Uturn2001 07-26-2007 02:29 PM

No he thought about what the other driver said for half a second, not that he considered working for CRE.

inmate1577 07-26-2007 08:59 PM

Re: C.R.E ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by repete

Most people that recommend their company want that new hire bonus.

Elmdor 07-26-2007 11:01 PM

Especially if they're working for CRE! It might be the only income they actually see if they are on the lease program x'D

Skywalker 07-27-2007 12:15 AM

You all seemed to miss one very salient point..... He said:

CR England as a great company to work for :shocked: he said lot's of miles even though the pay scales a little low.I thought about it for about half a second then realized that #1 this driver is now driveing for someone else.

The operant words are italicized.... now...if it was so great, with so many miles... :? ... why is he driving for someone else... :?: And considering as he lost his trailer and dropped it on the ground....this "gomer" is certainly one to use as a point of reference... :? :? 8)

Barrelburner 07-27-2007 08:00 PM

I drove for CR England and now drive for Crete and I wouldn't consider driving for CRE for a half a second.

Piece Of Work 07-27-2007 08:36 PM

CRE drivers have told me many unbelievable stories that make me wonder what a sales pitch for CRE Lease Programs sound like. Many drivers say that they paid over $125,000 to CRE in lease payments, having very little money left over for themselves, sometimes being in the hole for a whole weeks work. The bright side to his story was that he got back $25,000 in a tax return. Another team driver said they had no money and needed a trip but CRE left them sitting for a few days and the food was about to run out in the truck. The lack of miles to pay for the lease is only the beginning of the driver troubles there.

STAY AWAY.