Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Dick Simon the new Central Refridgerated (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/28221-dick-simon-new-central-refridgerated.html)

bayboy 07-13-2007 03:54 AM

Dick Simon the new Central Refridgerated

Any thoughts , or references on Central Refri. i have been accepted to train w/ Central all i know, is that it was formerly Dick Simon. Thanks i have heard good things but, then again i havent heard a whole lot.

Skywalker 07-13-2007 01:11 PM

Do some research using the search functions on different sites. Use the company name as the search words.

You know about as much about them as I do.

Driveline 07-13-2007 09:41 PM

Central Refridegated , has nothing to do with Dick Simon, its basically owned by Swift.

Orangetxguy 07-13-2007 09:54 PM

Aaaaaaah...There is a "BUT" to that though. Dick Simon did start Central Refrigerated Services..with equipment moved out of Dick Simon Trucking. I heard..do not know for certain...but heard, that D. Simon and crew were attempting to keep this equipment away from the Bankruptcy proceedings, into which "He" put Dick Simon Trucking into. I also heard..that his plan got undone, when BP(Amoco), Utility Trailer Corp, Carrier Corp, Napa Corp, and Freightliner, all took that move to Court, to recover money owed by Dick Simon Trucking, and won.

Then again. I have also heard that one of Jerry's kids married one of the Simon kids...and that brought about Swift being the "Parent" company of Central Refrigerated. Saving the "In-laws" so to speak.

Makes for a good story line anyway.

Skywalker 07-13-2007 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Aaaaaaah...There is a "BUT" to that though. Dick Simon did start Central Refrigerated Services..with equipment moved out of Dick Simon Trucking. I heard..do not know for certain...but heard, that D. Simon and crew were attempting to keep this equipment away from the Bankruptcy proceedings, into which "He" put Dick Simon Trucking into. I also heard..that his plan got undone, when BP(Amoco), Utility Trailer Corp, Carrier Corp, Napa Corp, and Freightliner, all took that move to Court, to recover money owed by Dick Simon Trucking, and won.

Then again. I have also heard that one of Jerry's kids married one of the Simon kids...and that brought about Swift being the "Parent" company of Central Refrigerated. Saving the "In-laws" so to speak.

Makes for a good story line anyway.

I think what you said is fairly accurate.... except they couldn't keep "Dickie" out of prison....and I believe he's got a ways to go....

Heres an interesting take on what happened:

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tru...ther-salt.html

From what I understand....its his daughter that runs Central Reefer now...

Uturn2001 07-13-2007 10:43 PM

Dick Simon trucking had been barely holding on financially for a long time. Jerry Moyes, the CEO of Swift, wanted to expand in the refer biz and tried several times to buy Simon's company and customer lists. Simon turned him down flat every time.

Jerry then does an end around and buys up all the Dick Simon stock he could. He got enough to get on the board of directors. Within a year of that happening Simon went bankrupt and Jerry bought out the company.

While Central is run as a separate entity from Swift they do use Swift facilities around the country for fuel, repairs and drop lots. The also take advantage of Swift's buying power to get big discounts on trucks and trailers.

Bumper 07-14-2007 04:11 AM

Has this changed since Jerry is back at Swift? When I was with Central in 06 we were not allowed to use any Swift facililty.

Back then it was Jerrs daughters husband who ran Central Reefer and his daughter ran Central Frieght.

Dont know if that has changed for sure....no longer around West Valley Utah....

Uturn2001 07-14-2007 04:22 AM

Bumper, I really don't know, and I did not know they put a stop to CEntral Ref's trucks using Swift terminals.

I just know that right after the buyout they were.

Bumper 07-14-2007 04:27 AM

Yep, when I started with Central in Oct 05 we could use Swift terminals but that went away around jan of 06.

TruckerChris 07-14-2007 10:28 AM

Just around the corner from the Pride Terminal and West Valley freightliner, theres a building that still says Dick Simon Trucking... I even heard something like they were making a comeback?