Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Had an accident-need a job (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/27877-had-accident-need-job.html)

cyrusdog 06-24-2007 10:49 PM

Had an accident-need a job

This week I had a preventable accident and was given the choice of being
fired or resigning my position with the company.Now that I have resigned my position,what kind of chance do I have of finding another driving job?
I have only been driving for about 6 months before this accident happened.Thanks in advance for any kind of advice.

Uturn2001 06-24-2007 11:47 PM

Depending on what the accident was and what your driving record is otherwise, not to mention crimminal history, one accident on your record is not going to be a death sentence to your career.

Just be up front and honest about it on all applications and any interviews you have.

ben45750 06-24-2007 11:48 PM

Depends on the circumstances of the accident? How bad was it?

lucky13 06-24-2007 11:58 PM

I used to work for Marten transport and was a driver trainer and once had this guy with 7 months experience and he had 4 accedents and they hired him (this is not a joke) Marten seemed to hire people with less than perfect driving records try giving them a call, as long as it was not a fatality they probobly would hire you they are a self insured company!

cyrusdog 06-25-2007 12:32 AM

Besides this accident,I have a pretty much clean MVR and criminal history.Mine was the only vehicle involved in this accident.

MADLUX 06-25-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusdog
Besides this accident,I have a pretty much clean MVR and criminal history.Mine was the only vehicle involved in this accident.

That doesnt really help, what did you hit, did you roll over, etc....

cyrusdog 06-25-2007 01:47 AM

I was in Washington DC,lost,running late,got off I295 to get turned around.I got the trailer jammed up against the underpass bridge abutment and messed up the side of the trailer about where my tandems were.

Sheepdancer 06-25-2007 02:36 PM

What was the cost of the damage? As long as it wasnt over 10K in damage and that company really didnt list you as fired because of it, you might be ok.

Phantom433a 06-25-2007 03:15 PM

We had a driver get 4 tickets at one stop (falsification of logs, speeding, reckless driving and something else) and the company made him a trainer.... :withstupid:

lucky13 06-25-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrusdog

Give Marten a call not sure of the number but you can find them on the web good luck!