Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Question about region opportunities (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/27575-question-about-region-opportunities.html)

tjv189 06-08-2007 03:50 PM

Question about region opportunities

Hello all, long time no see. I just wanted to ask a general question to all you guys about all your companies.

Does the company you work for have any midwest regional opportunities? By this I mean you would run nothing but the midwest. If so, could you please let me know what company that is so I can contact them and get more info? Thanks in advance.

Tom

bigdaddyCCMJ 06-09-2007 01:25 AM

Covenant

Covenant Transport has a midwest regional positions. We run in about a 6 state area and drivers make no less that .28 up too as much as .47 per mile. Just depends on the experince and length on run.

Double R 06-09-2007 01:38 AM

where in PA are located?

tjv189 06-09-2007 02:22 AM

I'm in Western PA, in Indiana County.

Double R 06-09-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjv189
I'm in Western PA, in Indiana County.

If I think of any I'll let you know. One that comes to mind MIGHT be JB Hunt's PPG accont. They have a plant off of RT28 near New Ken. Sheepdancer could answer that better for you though.

Also try the Pittsbugh Post Gazette's web site, Every sunday the help wanted section is load with driving jobs and I have seen many that say midwest. Look under transportation in the help wanted section.

Late thought: HEARTLAND. Contact batman AKA:TWILIGHT FLYER

tjv189 06-21-2007 11:32 PM

Can anyone else point me in the right direction here? Does anyone work for/know of any companies that would allow you to run nothing but the midwest? Please, let me know. Thanks in advance.

BigWheels 06-22-2007 12:24 AM

A lot of the mega-carriers have a midwest region. Start visiting their websites and looking at the regional maps. For example, here's Roehl Transport's midwest region map.

If you're looking for a midwest region that can get you home to PA...that may be a tougher nut to crack....

driver67373 06-22-2007 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjv189
Can anyone else point me in the right direction here? Does anyone work for/know of any companies that would allow you to run nothing but the midwest? Please, let me know. Thanks in advance.

Couple that come to mind are Crete and Tri-National. Maverck if you would do flatbed.

Uturn2001 06-22-2007 03:57 AM

Try calling Knight. Unless they changed since I was there they were no forced dispatch, pick your running area(s).

Bumper 06-22-2007 05:05 AM

Crete has alot of mid west freight. I live in So Cal but spend most of my working time in the mid west.