Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Governed Companies (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/27226-governed-companies.html)

jrsample 05-26-2007 10:14 PM

Governed Companies

Do you guys know of any good non-governed trucking companies?

lucky13 05-26-2007 10:56 PM

Most companys are goverened at some point some at 65 and some over 70 mph the larger companys are usually goverened at 65 one thing I learned in 14 years driving if you want to drive a fast truck you will get less per mile.

Jackrabbit379 05-26-2007 11:22 PM

Yeah, the ones who are owned by the driver. :P

DaveP 05-27-2007 02:58 AM

I've noticed while cruising along (at sixty-eight)) late at night I keep seeing the same old "fast" trucks pass me several times...

Could it be that fast trucks are mostly needed by those drivers that haven't yet learned to "keep the left door closed"???

BigWheels 05-27-2007 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP
I've noticed while cruising along (at sixty-eight)) late at night I keep seeing the same old "fast" trucks pass me several times...

Could it be that fast trucks are mostly needed by those drivers that haven't yet learned to "keep the left door closed"???

The faster you go, the more you need to be on your toes...the more you need to be on your toes, the more you need go-juice. http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...rinkcoffee.gif Hence the "open" door policy. :lol:

Ian Williams 05-27-2007 06:06 AM

Combine the speeding"open door" policy with the Paccar Pimpmobile rigs favored by BBRs and its a recipe for dismal fuel economy while not getting there much faster.

Now in a Hot Team freight scenario its a different story.

IMO many roads are unsafe to go over 70mph in a truck.
I80 between Reno and Salt Lake City is a good open run flat ourroads. 80 from Reno to Sacramento is another story.

65-68 seems to be the norm for most carriers.

RottsATruckin 05-29-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveP

My truck goes 65mph, the other day from Reno to Cheyenne I was passed 4 times by the same driver in his 75mph truck, now if I’d had his truck…well, I’d still have waited 2 days for a load over the weekend, but I’d have gotten here an hour and a half earlier. :lol:

Jackrabbit379 05-30-2007 03:14 PM

RottsATruckin, I see guys doing that all the time. Most of them are owner operator van drivers. :lol: It makes me wonder if they are half alseep, or ...what. :shock:

madii'swife 05-30-2007 03:17 PM

TransAm company drivers are governed at 68, lease ops are at 75

Jackrabbit379 05-30-2007 03:37 PM

Our trucks are governed at 65. They were governed at 68, but they turned them down about a month ago. :? I was gonna start a thread about it, but it wouldnt have done any good. :P

A couple of months ago, we heard that they were going to turn down our trucks, so we talked to our shop manager. He told us that some moron from Cummins told our corporate guys in Houston that if we turn our trucks down to 65 mph, we would save a lot on fuel. So, all the SYSCO houses have turned their trucks down to 65. I dont see how that is gonna save fuel. Maybe, a truck pulling a single pup on flat ground, but all it has done for us, pulling a loaded set, is pull down the motor even more. When they ran 68, we came up on a hill, it pulled the truck down to 65. Now, at 65, the hills pulls us down to 60. :? Tell me that is saving fuel. :roll: