Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Stevens Transport (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/26728-stevens-transport.html)

rjm522 05-06-2007 02:41 PM

Stevens Transport

What have you heard...what do you know about this company? They are having a hiring event tomorrow here in Atlanta and I want to find out real world info about them before I see the recruiter.

Uturn2001 05-06-2007 02:52 PM

This is based on previous posts, info I have recieved from recruiters, and talking to their drivers over the years:

They will want you to stay out at least 21 days at a time.

When you go home you must park the truck and trailer either on your property, at an authorized terminal or Steven's yard, or at a pre approved secure location.

If you have to wait for a trainer, they will put you to work at the terminal as a security guard, office gopher, or what ever non driving job that needs done for around $8 per hour.

coalregion 05-06-2007 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uturn2001
around $8 per hour.

Which at about 24 cents/mile is probably more than you'd make after you start driving for them? :shock:

rjm522 05-06-2007 03:07 PM

coalregion........you have NE PA iunder your avatar. Are you from the Scranton area? I have a friend that lives in Old Forge and a brother that lives past Carbondale near the NY state line.

Anyway....that is what I am trying to figure out.....is $8.00 an hour what driving for them equates to? 21 days out seems kinda long to be away from the wife and kids.

larryh31 05-06-2007 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm522
Anyway....that is what I am trying to figure out.....is $8.00 an hour what driving for them equates to? 21 days out seems kinda long to be away from the wife and kids.

You can expect to be out at least 21 days with Stevens. You could be out 4 to 6 weeks at a time with them. Since you have a wife and kids at home, you really should look at other companies. Or Hire yourself a good divorce lawyer :sad:

coalregion 05-06-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm522
coalregion........you have NE PA iunder your avatar. Are you from the Scranton area? I have a friend that lives in Old Forge and a brother that lives past Carbondale near the NY state line.

I'm in Frackville, which is about an hour South of Scranton down I-81. I'm not too far from Old Forge or Carbondale.Old Forge is supposed to have some awesome pizza places (Victory Pig?) from what I hear... 8)