Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Agent Based Carriers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/26419-agent-based-carriers.html)

marcel27208 04-19-2007 09:21 PM

Agent Based Carriers

anyone know of any agent based carriers besides landstar and jones motor freight?

Rev.Vassago 04-19-2007 11:44 PM

Sure - all the major HHG companies. :wink:

marcel27208 04-20-2007 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Sure - all the major HHG companies. :wink:

dont they make you paint your truck though? nothing against that but i just bought a brand new truck and dont want it painted,,,,,, about 2 weeks ago i spoke with a recruiter from one of the major HHG companies, i asked him a few questions, one thing i didnt ask was do you always have to have a helper(unloader) ride with you in the truck?

nsxman2001 04-20-2007 10:33 PM

Agent Based Carriers

Rev.Vassago

I was wondering the same question about the color of the truck does it have to be white? I do notice most hhg guys trucks are white or two tone with white in it. except Allied which is orange

marcel27208

WHat color truck did u Buy?

Rev.Vassago 04-20-2007 11:01 PM

Most of the HHG carriers require the truck to be a certain color - most of the time it is white. My company requires at least 80% white, with the only other colors allowed being red and blue. My truck was blue when I bought it. The paint job ran me about $3500.

Quote:

one thing i didnt ask was do you always have to have a helper(unloader) ride with you in the truck?
No. When I am loading or unloading, I hire labor from the nearest agent. If we don't have an agent in that area, I'll hire labor from one of the other moving companies. Very rarely do I have difficulty finding labor. I've never had to hire out of a truckstop, or from a temp agency, or anything like that.

Even if I did have someone ride with me, one person wouldn't be enough on most of my loads. The one I just finished, I hired 5 guys at origin, and 4 at destination. The one I'm loading next week, I'll have 3 guys at origin, and probably 2 at destination.

marcel27208 04-21-2007 02:20 PM

know of any that train?

i just bought an 06 white freightliner century class(with tripac) thank god!

been lookin to get into HHG but the one i looked at, does the fleece purchase program and i really dont wanna compete with those trucks, who pays good and trains?

shadowsknight 04-21-2007 03:05 PM

Re: Agent Based Carriers

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208
anyone know of any agent based carriers besides landstar and jones motor freight?

I heard that CRST Malone and a few other flatbed companies had agents.

nsxman2001 04-26-2007 09:36 AM

agent based carriers

Marcel27208

U got lucky buying a white truck with a tripac..I'm not so lucky my truck is silver so I would have to paint if I go the HHG route. I'm still thinking about it. I've been looking alot and I do notice some trucks in the truck stops and on the road that are pulling HHG trailer and are not white I think one of the companies was Berkins. As far as companies that train I'm in the northeast and one close to me U can check out is www.Georgemoving.com any info u get please share it

thanks jermaine

coastie 04-26-2007 09:52 AM

A fast HighJacking here, with a Question for the HHG movers.

For the HHG who are out there do you help in the loading? This is a just wondering question. Why I ask when I was in the Service, the only time I had used a Moving Company. Government paid for move. The crew helping was always complaining the Driver did not help. But as i was watching them load I would see the driver carring things out also.

Ok Backto yhe regular PRograms. Thanks.

GMAN 04-26-2007 12:19 PM

Re: Agent Based Carriers

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcel27208

CRST Malone, Mercer, Besl, Kaplan are a few.