Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   JB Hunt Questions (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/26177-jb-hunt-questions.html)

tahawus 04-07-2007 09:55 PM

JB Hunt Questions

Have a few questions about JB Hunt
1. Can you bring the truck home?
2. Are the trucks auto or stick?
3. Will I be hired before orentation or will they check all my references and other information when I get to orentation.
Any other information would be helpful. Thanks!
Mike

ben45750 04-08-2007 12:45 AM

Re: JB Hunt Questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by tahawus
Have a few questions about JB Hunt
1. Can you bring the truck home?
2. Are the trucks auto or stick?
3. Will I be hired before orentation or will they check all my references and other information when I get to orentation.
Any other information would be helpful. Thanks!
Mike

Yes, you can take the trucks home. If you take more than 3 days off you leave the truck at the terminal and your assigned a different truck when you go back to work. All trucks are sticks. Pretty much same as all the other company's, your not hired till you get your truck.

I worked for JB for 3.5 months this past winter, I did pretty well with them. I got my callback after being layed off, would have stayed if I didn't get a callback.

Hey Sheepdancer, Question?

Last night I ran Chicago to Louisville to Columbus, I was passed by a JB Hunt truck that had to be going 70+. It was a company truck (International) so it wasn't a lease or IC driver. Do they turn them up for certain drivers?

Sheepdancer 04-09-2007 07:18 PM

I see a lot of our trucks doing around 68-70. Why? I have no idea. Truck drivers are resourceful people. What goes on after I hire them is not my dept. Thats my story and I am sticking to it. :wink:
Also last year for sometime we did turn all our trucks up. Then the price of fuel went up quite a bit so we turned them back down. Im sure a few trucks slipped through the cracks. And in reality if you come to work over here and get a truck that is set faster than it is supposed to be, are you going to tell anyone? :D

ben45750 04-09-2007 07:22 PM

It just made me wonder because I know how much the DM's watch their trucks and pay close attention to the numbers.

Sheepdancer 04-09-2007 07:40 PM

We have a lot of 2 and 3 million mile drivers. Ive never heard if they turn those guys trucks up. But Im sure those guys get a lot of perks that arent talked about. So that could also be it.

Cluggy619 04-10-2007 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben45750
Last night I ran Chicago to Louisville to Columbus, I was passed by a JB Hunt truck that had to be going 70+. It was a company truck (International) so it wasn't a lease or IC driver. Do they turn them up for certain drivers?

That rig might have turned up by "The diesel doctor". I heard him on the radio when I was in the northeast, and a couple of times, thought about doing it. He use to charge $50.00, and said he could turn up any "company" truck. (including JB)

In the end, I never did it. Didn't see the point of going 5+ mph faster, and take the risk of getting caught.

Besides, JB never paid me enough to where I had $50 extra. :roll:

ben45750 04-10-2007 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619
That rig might have turned up by "The diesel doctor".

I have heard guys on the radio offering to turn trucks up, my biggest deterrent would be getting fired for tampering with company equipment. Thats not a good thing to have on a DAC following you around when your trying to find a job.

serbie 04-10-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben45750
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619
That rig might have turned up by "The diesel doctor".

I have heard guys on the radio offering to turn trucks up, my biggest deterrent would be getting fired for tampering with company equipment. Thats not a good thing to have on a DAC following you around when your trying to find a job.

quick hijack...

HAHAHAHAH BOARDROOM JIMMY :lol:

ben45750 04-11-2007 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by serbie

HAHAHAHAH BOARDROOM JIMMY :lol:

Dow Jones is for the ******* and NASDAQ is for the ******!

Invest $20.00 dollars in Fructose and enjoy easy street!