Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Red Cross (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/25991-red-cross.html)

fatman 03-30-2007 08:05 PM

Red Cross

Thought I would share this with the members here. The Red Cross has their own trucks. Not many of them, but they do have them. I got hired on with them and will be doing a mixture of Class A and B work. It's local, the benefits are great ($30/week for full family medical), and the pay is amazing ($16.00/hour + time and a half plus paid holidays, all that jazz).
So if you're looking for local work you might want to call your local office and ask where to send your resume to.

Jackrabbit379 03-30-2007 08:08 PM

That's interesting. Never thought much about it. You are talking about American Red Cross, right? I see them, but never thought about driving for them. Things that make ya go, hmmmm. :P

fatman 03-30-2007 10:14 PM

Yep, ARC. Very low turnover but couldn't hurt to throw your hat in the ring if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.

Smooth 03-30-2007 10:22 PM

Re: Red Cross

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman
Thought I would share this with the members here. The Red Cross has their own trucks. Not many of them, but they do have them. I got hired on with them and will be doing a mixture of Class A and B work. It's local, the benefits are great ($30/week for full family medical), and the pay is amazing ($16.00/hour + time and a half plus paid holidays, all that jazz).
So if you're looking for local work you might want to call your local office and ask where to send your resume to.

$16 an hour amazing pay ? ha

fatman 03-30-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatman

In Mobile, AL you better believe it is :).

Jackrabbit379 04-01-2007 04:38 AM

I was gonna say, that's good for Wichita Falls, too. There are local truckin jobs here,(with the exception of the major LTL companies), but the average locals pay anywhere from $8-$10 an hour. Not too good. It's like they havent come up in the times. :?

Dawn Kirshna 04-06-2007 02:37 PM

Yeah, Goodwill has trucks too---both tractors and straights.

Local as well.

i just thought you ought to know this as well.

i did a little bit with them; Alot of times you'll just sit in a shopping mall lot and then people come up to you and donate stuff. When the truck is full or the pre-determined time comes you leave.

mike1 05-03-2007 12:45 AM

RED CROSS

What kind of training do they require?? I got my CDL "A" while in the Navy. I haven't driven yet. Am retiring next yr and looking for local work.

Mackman 05-03-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth

I was thinking the same thing but i guess its all whewre you live. 16 an hr around here is at the bottom.

Sealord 05-09-2007 10:08 PM

$16/hour

It's Alabama. 'nuff said. BOL