Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Milk tanker drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/25971-milk-tanker-drivers.html)

GOOSEMAN 04-03-2007 12:51 AM

Joe:

#1. - That is the only kicker, I haul Milk 365, pretty good if I need a day off here and there.

#2. - Smooth-bore, Yes it is what you think, it really takes some getting used to.. It will move you 1' - 2' in either direction at a stop , if you ain't got a good foot on the brake. And you seem to take the curves and turns a whole lot smoother and slower !!!

As far as the trucks, you could eat off any part of the truck and trailer. There is a 4 mon guy that washes the inside and out [every] time you park it in between runs. The trucks looks like they have rolled off the showroom floor everytime I get into it...

It' a lot of fun driving something that looks and runs like new for a long time !![/u]

GOOSEMAN 04-03-2007 12:53 AM

Joe - Where have you seen the trucks before ?????

Mackman 04-03-2007 07:51 PM

A nice new clean truck doesnt pay the bills. keep that in mind. Give me a 25 year old mack ro model and 25 bucks and hr and i will be happy. :lol: But a nice truck does make your job nicer.

GOOSEMAN 04-03-2007 08:43 PM

Mack: You are right about getting $25 an hour, but I tell you what, every night that I get in my truck I know in the back of my mind, that I don't have to worry about it breaking down and not making any money at all.

Got to admit that getting into and driving a spotless well maintained truck , kind of puts a smile on your face as you heading down the road !!!

joettanne 04-04-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOSEMAN
Joe - Where have you seen the trucks before ?????

Joe!? :oops: Are you referring to me? I'm Annie. :wink: LOL

I haul smooth bore tanker. So I know all about the 'wave'!

There are a lot of milk trucks here and they are always nice looking as well. A lot of them have the chrome rims all around. The tanks are all stainless steel and always kept clean. The trucks are all fairly new. But they have to be because like you said, the trucks go every day of the year.

I live in a farming community and one goes by here every second day for farm pick-up. But you run the highway right? You don't do farm pick-up?

Annie

madpuppy 04-04-2007 04:04 PM

To Joettanne

8) yes you have to have a tanker endorsement in Ca. And I was told by a Teamster agent the pay is 15.00 an hr. plus benies

GOOSEMAN 04-04-2007 10:57 PM

Annie:

I run OTR, Ken. - Tenn. - Ohio - Ill. - Indy.

You are right chrome right to left / top to bottom, I'm soooooo glad I don't have to polish it once a week, like they do !!!