Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Wanted: A REAL Dedicated Route, do they exist? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/25371-wanted-real-dedicated-route-do-they-exist.html)

ohiomohawk 03-06-2007 12:23 PM

Wanted: A REAL Dedicated Route, do they exist?

Right now I work the Walmart account for Shneider and it is ok I am learning a lot about driving a semi, map reading etc but it is very, very sporadic. You don't know from one day to the next where you are going.

My question is are there any companies with routes that basically run continious routes where you basically are going to the same places all the time? Perhaps driving back and forth between 2 places year round? What are the names of these companies??

Smooth 03-06-2007 12:31 PM

I'm on a dedicated account right now for DHL through Air-Ride Inc. until I get called back to Yellow . All I do is go from the Cleveland area to Erie,PA and back . One round trip a day , 6 days a week , Same place . Usually 3.5 hours of driving and 5.5 hours of total unloading . Right around 1200 miles a week at a flat rate of $850 a week . It's a cake job , great pay for what I do , but it tops out there and the benefits suck .

http://www.air-rideinc.com/available_runs.php

Lewis friend 03-06-2007 02:46 PM

Where do you live? (i'm A$$uming ohio?)

And would you be willing to team? (not with me)

Sealord 03-06-2007 02:59 PM

Dedicated Route

Think LTL, like Yellow, ABF, Roadway, UPS, FedEx, mail contractors, GI Trucking, etc. BOL

DRIVERMAN77077 03-12-2007 02:41 AM

gi trucking was bought by estes express lines both are crap companies

Ian Williams 03-12-2007 02:59 AM

They are the norm rather than the exception at private carriers.

Careful what you wish for, driving to the same place on the same road gets old rather quickly.

PackRatTDI 03-12-2007 08:17 PM

I work at Wal-Mart and we generally see the same McLane drivers on a routine basis.

marcel27208 03-12-2007 10:28 PM

Alot of the big companies have dedicated routes, same road, same place all the time but they dont advertise those to the general public, they give them to the drivers that live in the area and want those runs 1st...... i see alot of dedicated for Air Ride, Inc though

Sheepdancer 03-14-2007 01:55 PM

We (JB hunt) have quite a few dedicated auto parts runs that go through OH. They always go to the same place, all drop and hook. Same hometime thoughout the week (usually every other day and off weekends).
They are kind of hard to get on from off the street. Usually when I have them dropped on my desk for hiring we only need 3 or so drivers. So it basically goes like this. They open up on like a thurs or friday. We recruiters start calling, The first 3 or so drivers we find who can be in orientation on monday get the job. Usually only takes about 15 minutes or so to fill those positions. Unfortunately the need to fill those positions fast doesnt give the driver a lot of time to think about it or give a two weeks notice or anything. So basically, the driver who I happen to catch at home sitting around not working gets the job. So like I said, unless you just happen to be unemployed or on hometime when those open, its really tough to get those jobs from outside the company. We usually fill those positions from inside and occasionally they throw us recruiters a bone, and let us hire for them off the street.

TruckerChris 03-14-2007 04:25 PM

I was on the Target fleet running from Albany, OR to Boise, ID 3 times a week across highway 20. AWESOME miles but it should did get boring.