Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   8 days till l go to houston for kbr (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24682-8-days-till-l-go-houston-kbr.html)

Flying Scotsman 02-08-2007 09:04 PM

8 days till l go to houston for kbr

right will try this again no oppinions please as lam going to Iraq and nothing anybody says will change my mind so here gose......... well just spoke to houston today my recruiter sames a nice guy and has been phoneing me once a week since they got my police checks and l got my date to start orriontaion oh what is 19th of feb but leve the UK on the 17th for houston which cant come soon enough not that l want away from my wife or nothing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: l think that my time in houston will be pretty boring and so will the flights but heres hoping there not .....time at first moved very slow but know it just seems to be flying by trying to spend as much time with my wife and dogs as possible have been told that l get few weeks of after about 4months so the plan is for my wife to fly to DUBIA with my golf clubs and spend it there with her and play some golf to chill out......

crankyazz 02-08-2007 09:14 PM

hey

sent you a pm

yoopr 02-08-2007 11:33 PM

Instead of that 7 Star in Dubai go to Al Bustan Rotana(5 star).
Amazing place and I still have some of there Stationery and phone number
It's in the UAE as you know and the number is 971(4)282 0000
Website is WWW.ROTANA.COM

I wish Houston was closer or I'd hop in my truck and say Howdy.
Maybe Heavenbound or other Texans on this board can send you off or pay you a visit.

Flying Scotsman 02-09-2007 07:08 PM

yoorp thnx for that but think heavenbound would be tempting fate to much :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but seriously would be good if l could met some of the guys of the board so if any of u guys are going to be in Houston after the 19Th Feb would be cool to hook up and have a few beers and put face to names

yoopr 02-09-2007 09:46 PM

be careful with those beers in Houston-They kind of frown on it but that's usually when guys get stupid and overdo it.

Tick Toc :P
Reality will set in when they give you a cotton swab and tell you to rub it hard on your Gums to get DNA :P

Flying Scotsman 02-10-2007 12:02 PM

well 6 days left now

well only 6days left now the wee tummy is start to get lots of butterflys .........party night tonite all my freinds and family are coming to see me before l go was planing to have alot off beers but on reflection would not be alot as havnt drunk for for yrs so think it will be a pack of wine gum and l would probaly anybodys :lol: :lol: :lol: think l will have few beers but not alot cause l dont want to blow chunks.............will be good to see everybody before l go and catch up with whats happening with them and of course they all think lam mad for chossing KBR instead of seimens in canada but as john wayne said a mans got to do what a mans got to do

yoopr 02-10-2007 05:17 PM

Butterflies are normal
Houston Orientation is so fast-paced in reflection it goes by in a snap.

greg3564 02-11-2007 04:40 AM

Be careful over there.

Quote:

U.S. contractor shot by U.S. forces near base
Truck driver for KBR killed in an ‘escalation of force incident,’ military says

Updated: 6:57 p.m. CT Feb 10, 2007
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military confirmed on Saturday that American forces at Camp Anaconda, the huge air base north of Baghdad, shot and killed a civilian contract truck driver.

A spokeswoman for KBR, a contracting subsidiary of Halliburton that was formerly known as Kellogg, Brown & Root, said the shooting was under investigation.

Melissa Norcross, the KBR spokeswoman, said the company was not releasing the name of the dead driver or a second person in the truck who was wounded “to protect the individuals’ privacy.”

In Baghdad, Lt. Cmdr. Bill Speaks said, “There was an escalation of force incident at Camp Anaconda on Feb. 5 (Monday) that resulted in the death of a civilian contractor. The incident is under investigation by the Army Criminal Investigation Division and KBR.”

An escalation of force incident normally means a driver approaching a checkpoint did not respond to military orders to approach slowly and stop.

“Sadly, 98 KBR employees and subcontractors have lost their lives, and more than 430 have been wounded by hostile action while performing services under the company’s government contracts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait,” Norcross said in an e-mail response to queries about the incident.

Halliburton is spinning off KBR into its own separate, publicly traded entity.

yoopr 02-11-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg3564
Be careful over there.

Quote:

U.S. contractor shot by U.S. forces near base
Truck driver for KBR killed in an ‘escalation of force incident,’ military says

Updated: 6:57 p.m. CT Feb 10, 2007
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The U.S. military confirmed on Saturday that American forces at Camp Anaconda, the huge air base north of Baghdad, shot and killed a civilian contract truck driver.

A spokeswoman for KBR, a contracting subsidiary of Halliburton that was formerly known as Kellogg, Brown & Root, said the shooting was under investigation.

Melissa Norcross, the KBR spokeswoman, said the company was not releasing the name of the dead driver or a second person in the truck who was wounded “to protect the individuals’ privacy.”

In Baghdad, Lt. Cmdr. Bill Speaks said, “There was an escalation of force incident at Camp Anaconda on Feb. 5 (Monday) that resulted in the death of a civilian contractor. The incident is under investigation by the Army Criminal Investigation Division and KBR.”

An escalation of force incident normally means a driver approaching a checkpoint did not respond to military orders to approach slowly and stop.

“Sadly, 98 KBR employees and subcontractors have lost their lives, and more than 430 have been wounded by hostile action while performing services under the company’s government contracts in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait,” Norcross said in an e-mail response to queries about the incident.

Halliburton is spinning off KBR into its own separate, publicly traded entity.

Why did you put this down when Everybody who knows about Truck driving in Iraq knows that this happens on a regular Basis and we all know about KIA and WIA PLUS , again, you don't read, or you Ignore, what the Originator of this Thread Said:

right will try this again no oppinions please as lam going to Iraq and nothing anybody says will change my mind so here gose

Halliburton "Spun off KBR" a long time ago :roll:

02-11-2007 05:25 AM

Re: well 6 days left now

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman
well only 6days left now the wee tummy is start to get lots of butterflys .........party night tonite all my freinds and family are coming to see me before l go was planing to have alot off beers but on reflection would not be alot as havnt drunk for for yrs so think it will be a pack of wine gum and l would probaly anybodys :lol: :lol: :lol: think l will have few beers but not alot cause l dont want to blow chunks.............will be good to see everybody before l go and catch up with whats happening with them and of course they all think lam mad for chossing KBR instead of seimens in canada but as john wayne said a mans got to do what a mans got to do

BOL to you. You have got bigger cajones than I do. 8)