Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Sitton Mtr Lines. Good Or Bad??? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24437-sitton-mtr-lines-good-bad.html)

kinglancerin 02-01-2007 01:09 AM

Sitton Mtr Lines. Good Or Bad???

old

mudflap276 02-01-2007 02:47 AM

Re: Sitton Mtr Lines. Good Or Bad???

Quote:

Originally Posted by kinglancerin
Ive been approved to go,, there orientation starts Tues. next week , but while i have the chance id like to get some info if anyone has any on them id hate to go to a company that i haven't heard anything about , and as you all know its hard to take a recruiters advice . I've been doing local oilfield hauls lately but ready to go back otr.. so if any of you have heard or drive or know anyone who drives for them , and has good or bad news id really appreciate it ! thanks ..

i have a neighbor who is an o/o leased to them and he likes them. he gets good miles. he's been there for 5+ years now. if i ever wanted to pull a van :shock: then i would call them first.

Skywalker 02-02-2007 10:16 PM

They're based out of Joplin, MO....and I've never heard anything negative about them. I talked to them years ago....and the only reason that I didn't go to work for them was that they wouldn't let me take my wife with me for 6 months.... so I went to CFI instead.

Bottom line.....they appear to be a good company. :D

kinglancerin 02-04-2007 01:01 PM

old

spaceman121 02-04-2007 09:08 PM

i was accepted about a year ago the only thing that stop me was the insurance everything else was fine

kips41 02-05-2007 12:35 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info sky,,, yea i worked for cfi also at one time only reason i quit was my got pregnant otr with me and and they wouldn't give me 2 extra days off to mover her out of the truck and into a place . she didn't want to be otr pregnant and cfi wouldn't understand that so they told me get back otr or turn your truck in.. w had given up our apartment to go otr so we could buy a house after a year or at least put down payment on one. so she had no where to go and 2 days isnt nothing fro cfi to lose seeing it was a life changing event as well so i drove to Laredo and turned in the truck.. :!:

I realize that this thread is about Sitton, but this post makes you wonder.
Alot of folks on the forum brag about CFI being a great company. Now I am taking this driver's comments at face value, but what the heck are these companies thinking??? A couple of extra days off??? The company had a chance to shine and take care of the driver but I guess having your butt in the truck was more important to them. Too bad you quit but if I was in the same spot , I would probably do the same.

Heck after Rita I called in to my company and told them I needed to take off, 2 weeks later I called and said I was ready to go back out, all the while my truck was parked with all my stuff still in it. When a company will do this it makes you suck it up and do the job when the crap hits the fan somewhere down the road.

Smooth 02-05-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kips41
Quote:

Thanks for the info sky,,, yea i worked for cfi also at one time only reason i quit was my got pregnant otr with me and and they wouldn't give me 2 extra days off to mover her out of the truck and into a place . she didn't want to be otr pregnant and cfi wouldn't understand that so they told me get back otr or turn your truck in.. w had given up our apartment to go otr so we could buy a house after a year or at least put down payment on one. so she had no where to go and 2 days isnt nothing fro cfi to lose seeing it was a life changing event as well so i drove to Laredo and turned in the truck.. :!:

I realize that this thread is about Sitton, but this post makes you wonder.
Alot of folks on the forum brag about CFI being a great company. Now I am taking this driver's comments at face value, but what the heck are these companies thinking??? A couple of extra days off??? The company had a chance to shine and take care of the driver but I guess having your butt in the truck was more important to them. Too bad you quit but if I was in the same spot , I would probably do the same.

Heck after Rita I called in to my company and told them I needed to take off, 2 weeks later I called and said I was ready to go back out, all the while my truck was parked with all my stuff still in it. When a company will do this it makes you suck it up and do the job when the crap hits the fan somewhere down the road.

That's one big problem with CFI , you would think with "earning" a whole one day off for every seven on they would cut you some slack and give you a few days off for a family emergency .