Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Just got a call from JB Hunt... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24415-just-got-call-jb-hunt.html)

skot1983 01-31-2007 02:31 PM

Just got a call from JB Hunt...

Well, on the upside, they told me that I only need about 3 months of experience. On the downside, they want me to find a company to drive for, for 3 months then to call them back. Any companies out there willing to hire me? :?: We shall see!

Sheepdancer 01-31-2007 02:39 PM

not to burst your bubble, but i read your other posts on here and saw that you had 3 preventables at Swift. JB isnt going to be able to hire you for 3 years. Yes, our policy after someone is terminated from another company is 3 or 6 months safe driving with another company before we can put you on. Thats probably what the recruiter was telling you. Also next time we call you ( and we will call you) you might want to ask the recruiter to take you out of the system for at least 3 years.

Highwayman 02-01-2007 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer:
Also next time we call you ( and we will call you) you might want to ask the recruiter to take you out of the system for at least 3 years.

Ol' JB still calls me to check up on me periodically! :lol:

jman 02-01-2007 02:22 AM

Hang up the Phone

If you got a call from JB hang up the phone.

crzy4trkn 02-01-2007 09:51 PM

I have 6 weeks experance and 2 preventables,and was terminated. 1 accident was B.S as it was just a few scratches. J.B. calls me every week to tell me they cant hire me :evil:,when I get hired on with a small company I will be staying with them for a long time,and the big companies can go screw themselves :evil:

jnk2001 02-01-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by :
Also next time we call you ( and we will call you) you might want to ask the recruiter to take you out of the system for at least 3 years

Who asked JB Hunt to put names on a list any way? I sure didn't. and you'd think when you tell them no, it should be enough, don't you think?
Why is it our responsibility to tell JB Hunt to take names off when you didn't ask to be put on in the first place?

Hey, here's a thought, don't tell them to take your name off and keep wasting their time... :lol: :lol:

02-02-2007 12:47 AM

They call me at least once a month, if not more

skot1983 02-02-2007 05:57 AM

well i got a call from CRST they are interested in hiring me! woohoo! and there is already someone who wouldn't mind driving teams with me! now i just gotta wait for the recruiter to call me today (friday)

belpre122 02-02-2007 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by skot1983:
well i got a call from CRST they are interested in hiring me! woohoo! and there is already someone who wouldn't mind driving teams with me! now i just gotta wait for the recruiter to call me today (friday)

Skot, I'm interested to see how the CRST offer works out. Keep us posted. Good Luck. Gary

BMiller 02-02-2007 06:29 PM

JB Hunt

Getting on JB Hunt's call list is like getting cockroaches in your house. You play hell getting rid of them.

Highwayman 02-03-2007 11:20 PM

Re: JB Hunt

Originally Posted by BMiller:
Getting on JB Hunt's call list is like getting cockroaches in your house. You play hell getting rid of them.

They don't callme much anymore, but they still send me alot of junk mail.

Which is fine, I need all the fuel I can get for my fireplace.

Scoe 02-03-2007 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Highwayman:

Originally Posted by BMiller:

They don't callme much anymore, but they still send me alot of junk mail.

Which is fine, I need all the fuel I can get for my fireplace.

Highwayman there must be some confusion. Skullitor posted that you weren't doing so well, er, physically.

MADLUX 02-04-2007 12:21 AM

This should be interesting :? :moose:

Useless 02-04-2007 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by MADLUX:
This should be interesting :?

Skullitor has been posting on CAD for some time now, and I have always considered him to be a driver who has some class. He has never struck me as the type of person who would play such a sick joke.

There may have been some type of misunderstanding, or some cross-up in communication here.

I would ask that all of us reserve judgment until Skull has an opportunity to reply.

ben45750 02-04-2007 12:29 AM

lol.... yeah this should be very good.

But hey man it's good to see you here, after well..... you know.... umm. yeah.

greg3564 02-04-2007 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Scoe:
Highwayman there must be some confusion. Skullitor posted that you weren't doing so well, er, physically.

Or mentally too! :shock:

I think Skull might have this Highwayman confused with someone else.

Twilight Flyer 02-04-2007 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by :
I think Skull might have this Highwayman confused with someone else.

I'm thinking that may be the case, as well. We'll see if it gets cleared up.

Snowman7 02-04-2007 02:26 PM

umm OK, I'm funcused. Of course that doesn't take too much to do. :?

Cluggy619 02-06-2007 04:29 AM

Just got my W-2's from JB Hunt....

Three months on the road....

Total Income = $5534.12

That was the bottom line, and the reason why there wasn't a forth month. :wink:

dollarshort 02-07-2007 02:56 AM

You got a call

You and 5 million other people do daily..Or so it seems :roll:

BettyAnn 02-10-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Highwayman:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer:
Also next time we call you ( and we will call you) you might want to ask the recruiter to take you out of the system for at least 3 years.

Ol' JB still calls me to check up on me periodically! :lol:

They must hold on to all those numbers from the frist day they started cuz they "still" call us...and I have told them I am very happy with my company..and they are persistant...and its almost
like talking to a Johovah Witness....(no offense to any Johovah Witnesses out there) *sheepish grin*....

Good LUck
Keep on Truckin

joasis 02-10-2007 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cluggy619:

Total Income = $5534.12

I tried Covenant once, many years ago....one of the finest lines (lies) told was the mile story...you will make the miles, and the money. Sure, uh huh...older and wiser I am now, the recruiters make money getting you on, and some will tell you anything to get you there.

JB still calls me and I haven't driven since 2001. I tell them the same thing every time....if I want to drive, it will be OTR flatbed or heavy haul, no vans, no docks, no short lines, no slip seating, no joke, and why do you still call me when you know and I know that I will never work for you?

Cluggy619 02-11-2007 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by joasis:

Originally Posted by Cluggy619:

Total Income = $5534.12

I tried Covenant once, many years ago....one of the finest lines (lies) told was the mile story...you will make the miles, and the money. Sure, uh huh...older and wiser I am now, the recruiters make money getting you on, and some will tell you anything to get you there.

JB still calls me and I haven't driven since 2001. I tell them the same thing every time....if I want to drive, it will be OTR flatbed or heavy haul, no vans, no docks, no short lines, no slip seating, no joke, and why do you still call me when you know and I know that I will never work for you?

You know, it's funny....they don't call me. Of course, I've changed my number about 3 times sinced I worked for them....guess they can't keep up. :wink:

ben45750 02-11-2007 12:51 AM

Since January 1st I have brought home $4824.71 with JB Hunt and have had 8 days off.

ben45750 02-11-2007 12:53 AM

Screen shot from online check stub.

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/5655/untitledgm3.jpg

shadowsknight 02-11-2007 01:11 AM

I have to say that I made very good money with JB but they are scam artists when it comes to taxes.
1. Don't take the perdium or you will pay big time next tax year.
2. Claim 0 on your w-4 and you will still pay when you file.
The first year that I drove for them I made close to $50,000 and they paid only $5500 in taxes during the year. I claimed 1 and no perdium. Even with my wifes income and all of our deductions we still paid $1000 when we filed.
This year we were originally going to get back $1300 until we figured in the w-2 for JB for 2.5 months and now we are getting back $825 and i claimed 0 on my w-4 for those 2.5 months. JB only took out 8% for income tax. They save a small fortune by making the drivers pay the extra when they file their taxes.
Their perdium amount exceeds the amount allowed by law and new tax laws will require you to forfet your deduction and make you pay the IRS at the end of the year.