Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Called a few companies.....can't believe (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24403-called-few-companies-cant-believe.html)

Clay51 02-12-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedfxg
ok, i have been reading stuff here for about 2 or 3 weeks now and i think i can find the same arguments on the CB. Are you a bonehead or what?? a normal workweek is 5 days. A company is not going to have 2 handbooks for drivers and one for office. if you do not like the vacation policy, go work somewhere else. 1 weekend off followed by 5 paid vacation days, followed by another weekend is, what?? 9 days off? If you worked in an office this would be a vacation, since you work in a truck just take the 5 paid days and request not to work the weekends on both sides...problem solved. or you can go get a desk job and quit your bitchin.

A different handbook for drivers and another for office staff is perfectly normal.

True for most jobs, five days is a normal work week (and 40 hours).

How many OTR drivers do you know who work a 5 day, 40 hour week?

If you do know of one, and he/she is making a great living, I would love to join their company.

02-12-2007 04:32 PM

i work a five day workweek. what is the big deal with a 5 days paid vacation is what i am curious about then...expecially if you do not work for that company. Why start the argument?? what, i already know the answer...jus to bad mouth another company. sorry. not need to answer.

Clay51 02-12-2007 06:16 PM

I do work for the company in question, and the point is, we are told we get a certain number of weeks not days for vacation, depending upon the lenght of service to the company.

My work week is not 5 days, it is 7 day, often for 4 or more weeks. I find it offensive to have to use days off earned for being out weeks at a time in order to get a full week off.

Of course, Crete also used to allow drivers a day off for every six day out, no max. Now it is four days, no matter how long one is out.

Sad

02-12-2007 07:29 PM

it is sad, but you can do something about or deal with it...that is all i meant. i have learned in the last year or two that one can waste alot of energy complaining and alot less in dealing with the situation

glasman2 02-12-2007 07:48 PM

No ... whats sad is.... this is "His Opinion" and some people are trying to tell him "His Opinion" means squat.

He doesn't work for them because in his "Opinion" they don't fit his needs.
I don't see a problem with this, or understand why people are trying to make him change his mind.

Get over it,
kips41 I understand what your saying.
Don't know if it would be a deal breaker if I went to worked for them or not.
But I do know, if similar companies in pay, bs, and miles offered 7 and 5 days paid.... I would go with 7.

02-12-2007 08:30 PM

ok, done

Clay51 02-12-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glasman2
No ... whats sad is.... this is "His Opinion" and some people are trying to tell him "His Opinion" means squat.

He doesn't work for them because in his "Opinion" they don't fit his needs.
I don't see a problem with this, or understand why people are trying to make him change his mind.

Get over it,
kips41 I understand what your saying.
Don't know if it would be a deal breaker if I went to worked for them or not.
But I do know, if similar companies in pay, bs, and miles offered 7 and 5 days paid.... I would go with 7.

I tend to agree with Kips, the vacation policy does not make much sense, but then again, neither do some of the other policies of late.

Have been back with them for almost two years, and doubt there will be a third anniversary with them.

As others have said, it is not the company it used to be.

Smooth 02-12-2007 11:45 PM

Re: Called a few companies.....can't believe

Quote:

Originally Posted by BettyAnn
Quote:

Originally Posted by kips41
Quit OTR in Oct '06 to deal with wife's serious health issue...doing ok now so going to go back OTR, thought I would call some companies before just going back to my old company of 8 yrs.

Very disappointed, found this about some companies:

We don't pay for scale tickets

We don't pay for trailer wash outs---large reefer company

We don't pay for Ohio toll road.

We don't pay for lumpers

Also called the highly recommended Crete from the forum and was told by the recruiter that I can have 5 DAYS of vacation after a year, not a week but 5 DAYS and it includes weekends.......gotta be kidding. Either she was an idiot or this is not a very family friendly company....I don't care how much they pay.

Going to call some more tomorrow just to see what I am told....it is getting funny now.

So I guess it is back to the old company....did not know how happy and spoiled I was !!!!!!!

Ok so your complaining that is only 5 days???? you should be lucky your getting any vacation pay!!! Not alot a companies offer that and...
We pay for Ohio tolls
We pay for Lumpers
We pay for scale tickets
and We pay for exterior truck washing with trailer once every month!
We also don't charge for a rider program
We also don't charge for a pet or pose weight limits
And honestly if you work for a company that says they pay you for "one" week of vacation they only pay for 5 days that,... "five" working days since you are obligated to take a mandatory 2 days off in most jobs...like a desk type job...9-5 M-F....so really what are you losing???

Just had to share my 2 cents
Good Luck

Not a lot of companies offer vacation pay ? What the hell are you talking about ? Name me 5 companies that don't .

-FlyByNight- 02-13-2007 12:22 AM

Well, time to throw some gas on the fire. :wink: I spoke to someone in recruiting yesterday, who shall remain nameless, but it was NOT Bill Wiselll. I asked for a clarification of vacation policy in reference to the number of days off and was told that we do in fact get a full seven days off to which I replied, 'Well, that's NOT what Crete's website says, so you may want to look into getting that changed.' The person immediately went to the website and what I heard next on the other end of the line was 'Hmmm...odd...I'm going to have to look into this and get back to you.'

So until that is straightened out, I can assure everyone here that Crete absolutely, positively without a doubt gives their drivers between five and seven days off of paid vacation for their first year of service. :lol:

WARNING: Do NOT ask me how they come up with the amount a driver is paid for vacation. :P

glasman2 02-13-2007 02:05 AM

well that's really good to hear... thank you