Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Marten Transport (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24351-marten-transport.html)

EasyRolln 01-29-2007 03:07 PM

Marten Transport

Saw an ad for Marten today - double orientation pay plus a $1500 sign on bonus = $2000. Anything happen there that they would need to do this? Sounds like one of those too goo to be true catches :roll:

Big Jon 01-29-2007 07:34 PM

Replying mainly to bump this back to the top, so someone who knows for sure can respond... but...

...their website mentions the $1,500 bonus. $250 orientation pay, which I think is standard. Looks like they've doubled the orientation pay then. You get the $1,500 this way: $250 in your third and sixth checks, the remainding $1,000 when you're there six months.

I also noticed they're hiring student (new with CDL) drivers. I hadn't noticed that before.

mikey4069 01-29-2007 07:41 PM

Marten has been taking students for a while .

-FlyByNight- 01-29-2007 10:18 PM

They're having problems keeping quality drivers, because they're not the company they once were. That's why.

mikey4069 01-29-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -FlyByNight-
They're having problems keeping quality drivers, because they're not the company they once were. That's why.

Marten is still good company and alot of company's are having same problems. Marten will keep you running and they wont beep you every 5 min but their a little anal about different things like where their trucks get worked on etc If they had 11 western i would go back to work for them in a heart beat !!! :lol: and i forgot about the steering wheel lock thats anal . :lol:

TK THE TRUCKER 01-30-2007 01:05 AM

I forgot all about the steering lock. That was a total pain in the ass. I couldn't put mine on the steering column, I had to tilt the hood and put it by the steering gearbox. As much as I hated using it I still put it on whenever I was going to be away from the truck for more than 5 or 10 minutes. :twisted:

azcardnlz 03-22-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER
I forgot all about the steering lock. That was a total pain in the ass. I couldn't put mine on the steering column, I had to tilt the hood and put it by the steering gearbox. As much as I hated using it I still put it on whenever I was going to be away from the truck for more than 5 or 10 minutes. :twisted:

We just had a truck stolen this week. Driver in the St. Louis area was only in the truck stop 10 minutes, came out, and the truck was gone. :oops: He didn't use his steering gear lock. They are a real pain in the butt, but they work.

jnk2001 03-22-2007 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azcardnlz
Quote:

Originally Posted by TK THE TRUCKER

We just had a truck stolen this week. Driver in the St. Louis area was only in the truck stop 10 minutes, came out, and the truck was gone. :oops: He didn't use his steering gear lock. They are a real pain in the butt, but they work.

If they are such a pain, why don't they put on something like a remote security device that shuts down the electrical so they can't be started. that would be really easy. at least they won't be trying to push start it..... :lol: :lol:

TK THE TRUCKER 03-22-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnk2001

If they are such a pain, why don't they put on something like a remote security device that shuts down the electrical so they can't be started. that would be really easy. at least they won't be trying to push start it..... :lol: :lol:

I know when I started with them in 2004 my trainer had an electronic security device on his truck. They had them on and a handful of trucks and were testing them out. But I'm sure a hunk of metel is a lot cheaper. :) :)

azcardnlz 03-25-2007 12:11 AM

[quote="jnk2001If they are such a pain, why don't they put on something like a remote security device that shuts down the electrical so they can't be started. that would be really easy. at least they won't be trying to push start it..... :lol: :lol:[/quote]

TK is right. A hunk of metal and a padlock is all it is. It's cheap and it works.