Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Espar/Webasco: (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24278-espar-webasco.html)

Lewis friend 01-27-2007 03:59 AM

Espar/Webasco:

Does your company have these on-board heating systems installed on your tractors?

If so, please list your company.

I know schneider has them but i don't like schneider so..........

Skywalker 01-27-2007 08:53 PM

Re: Espar/Webasco:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis friend
Does your company have these on-board heating systems installed on your tractors?

If so, please list your company.

I know schneider has them but i don't like schneider so..........

CFI has them in all of their trucks above a certain unit number. Probably most of them are equipped with them now.

Uh, you're not going to use that as a deciding factor on who to drive for are you??

Lewis friend 01-29-2007 02:59 AM

[quote="Skywalker"]
Quote:

Uh, you're not going to use that as a deciding factor on who to drive for are you??

Possibly.

Skywalker 01-29-2007 03:15 AM

Personally.....I think whether or not the company equips their tractors with Espar heaters is not a prime decision factor. There are many other factors that would take precedence ahead of that.

For instance....I know of a company here in FL that has auxiliary generators on ALL of their trucks, and I still wouldn't give them the time of day. In fact thats probably the sole "plus" to them.

But, you have to set your own parameters... 8)

To me the three biggies are:

Can I make a good living and still get home on a regular basis, and the general working conditions as well as the general culture of the company; is it driver friendly or are you a piece of meat in the seat?

Rev.Vassago 01-29-2007 03:26 AM

Lewis friend = Colonel Toon = Chad Sexington

:roll:

Twilight Flyer 01-29-2007 03:25 PM

I think you might want to include Dawn in that, too, Rev. :)

yoopr 01-29-2007 05:48 PM

[quote="Lewis friend"]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywalker
Quote:

Possibly.

That would be foolish
Who is Dawn Kirshna? Is that DOT Log expert Dawn?

Snowman7 01-29-2007 05:56 PM

I had a an espar unit and I like it. I hate trying to sleep in an idling tractor.

Doktari 01-29-2007 06:44 PM

May Trucking has bunk heaters on most of their tractors. I have one in my 379 they assigned me. Don't know the brand though. I love it.

Lewis friend 01-30-2007 12:35 AM

Foolish?

So sleeping in noisy vibrating tractor is not foolish?

All the miles in the world are no good if you're too tired to drive them.