Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Hauling trash to Michigan (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/24051-hauling-trash-michigan.html)

Graymist 01-19-2007 08:08 PM

Hauling trash to Michigan

Does anyone have any info on companies like Cam Hiltz Trucking, that haul trash from Toronto ON to Michigan landfills ? What are the other companies in this line of work ? Thanks.

mapleleaf_1 01-20-2007 01:21 AM

I know that Wilson also had a contract for those runs. Drive safe everyone. :)

01-20-2007 02:57 AM

Re: Hauling trash to Michigan

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graymist
Does anyone have any info on companies like Cam Hiltz Trucking, that haul trash from Toronto ON to Michigan landfills ? What are the other companies in this line of work ? Thanks.

DOT loves trash haulers. They hit the jackpot all day long at the chicken coop when you guys come rolling through.

Bumper 01-20-2007 03:14 AM

Is the ground too frozen in Canada to bury their own trash? What an Export.....garbage.

Jumbo 01-20-2007 01:21 PM

The only thing I can tell you about trash haulers is that i bet their shoes smell like garbage juice. How about a cold frosty mug of that? :sad:

mike3fan 01-20-2007 02:24 PM

This may be a dying industry,the state of Michigan is in the process of passing bills to make it illegal,or at the very least very difficult and expensive to import trash.

bcbasher 01-20-2007 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan
This may be a dying industry,the state of Michigan is in the process of passing bills to make it illegal,or at the very least very difficult and expensive to import trash.

no ofence to anyone here that might do this but as a michigan resdent its about damn time. we are having a hard enough time with our own trash and landfill problems to worry about another countrys problems too.

Bumper 01-20-2007 04:07 PM

The question of the day is: Were you paying them to buy it or were they paying you to take it???

SKEETER 01-21-2007 12:29 AM

There is R&J trucking that I work for, I run in the Cleveland Oh area, but, they are located in OH, AL, FL. We run tipper trailers, and Jumbo, we never touch the trash, hardest thing we do all day is untarp the trailers. Work Mon thru Fri, 3 loads a day and home every night make over $800 a week. [/img]

mike3fan 01-22-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumper
The question of the day is: Were you paying them to buy it or were they paying you to take it???

they pay very well to dump it on us,but I would just as soon not have the eyesore and smell.