Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Thinking of pulling flats. Not sure what to do (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23962-thinking-pulling-flats-not-sure-what-do.html)

poserpunk765 01-18-2007 11:34 PM

not to sound snappy back but drudging through page after page of posts in a thread 94 pages long that MAY or MAY NOT answer my question has very little to do with my work eithic or how i will handle much of any job. Sorry, but my time can be spent a little bit more productivley than reading post after post of banter with a question and answer thrown in there.

Tis a good thread and i am digesting it...just want to get my own dialog going.

One, i live in Oklahoma city and you are correct. The time with CFI is all i have.

Have some family that do heavy haul and they love it. Also my father in law is doing hotshot work, and loves it. Seems to be plenty of opps for flatbed drivers.

Carolina Reb 01-20-2007 12:22 AM

I have read every page of the TMC thread, It took some time but it was well worth the effort. It gets off the subject from time to time but 96 pages what do yo expect

poserpunk765 01-20-2007 02:37 AM

i agree, and i am slowly working my way through it. it IS a good resource...just a lot of it and as i said i just wanted to start a more personal conversation

terrylamar 01-21-2007 01:01 AM

I read the TMC thread and contributed. I had all kinds of ideas about what truck driving in general and flatbedding in particular was all about. I am beginning to think I am atypical. The supposed "military" treatment at TMC, is not! From day one I could get in the truck and drive for my 11 hours. Flatbedding, is an easy job. Tarping and securement is easy then you get to sit on your butt and drive. I do admit I have been doing this for only two weeks. I was self employed before that. Now that was a rough job.

poserpunk765 01-21-2007 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by terrylamar
I read the TMC thread and contributed. I had all kinds of ideas about what truck driving in general and flatbedding in particular was all about. I am beginning to think I am atypical. The supposed "military" treatment at TMC, is not! From day one I could get in the truck and drive for my 11 hours. Flatbedding, is an easy job. Tarping and securement is easy then you get to sit on your butt and drive. I do admit I have been doing this for only two weeks. I was self employed before that. Now that was a rough job.

what do you mean about the military treatment...i've heard mention of that before.

terrylamar 01-21-2007 01:41 AM

There is no "military treatment" anyone who says that has never been in the Boy Scouts much less the Military.

poserpunk765 01-21-2007 02:14 AM

that's kind of what i thought. Don't remember where i saw it on here but someone said a guy got fired for walking on the grass in at the home office.

homer 01-21-2007 02:54 AM

if you couldnt hack it for a year at one of the better companies you have failed. i kept my mouth shut and busted my a## for 2 1/2 years at my first otr job. your record is you. if your lucky enough to find some one to take a chance and you dont last a year your done.why waste time and money on you

poserpunk765 01-21-2007 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer
if you couldnt hack it for a year at one of the better companies you have failed. i kept my mouth shut and busted my a## for 2 1/2 years at my first otr job. your record is you. if your lucky enough to find some one to take a chance and you dont last a year your done.why waste time and money on you

Gosh what a well thought out and constructed post. Golly, i supose you are right. I should just pack my toys up and start looking for a job flipping burgers. I mean jeez, what a loser i must be if i had a hard time being away from my family for so long. What an idiot i must be if i think another company with more hometime might be right for me...doing a job i loved.

Nope...your right. I failed.

Ok on a serious note, your 2.5 years i can respect. Your attitude not so much. Sorry, but simply calling me a failure and taking a "i'm better than you attitude" doesn't really help me that much.

terrylamar 01-21-2007 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poserpunk765
that's kind of what i thought. Don't remember where i saw it on here but someone said a guy got fired for walking on the grass in at the home office.

That might be true, Mr Annett pays over $1 million each year for grounds keeping. They tell you not to walk on the grass, don't be an a$$ and don't use alcohol on TMC property.