Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   schnider or swift (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23511-schnider-swift.html)

eptp88 01-02-2007 10:43 PM

schnider or swift

I HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO 2 JOBS STARTING OUT.... SWIFT OR SCHNIDER. ANYONE WHO KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT THEM PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Mackman 01-02-2007 10:44 PM

SCHNIDER

Rev.Vassago 01-02-2007 10:52 PM

None of the above.

Teal 95 KW 01-02-2007 11:00 PM

SchnEider...I wasn't voting for it, just correcting your spelling. I wouldn't start out working for any company, I'd save a few grand, buy a decent truck and trailer, get your own authority and dis-regard any information given on this message forum. I'd say best of luck to you, but I just told you to disregard it.

Rev.Vassago 01-02-2007 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Booth
SchnEider...I wasn't voting for it, just correcting your spelling. I wouldn't start out working for any company, I'd save a few grand, buy a decent truck and trailer, get your own authority and dis-regard any information given on this message forum. I'd say best of luck to you, but I just told you to disregard it.

Just giving the above quote its proper author. :wink:

mikey4069 01-02-2007 11:25 PM

A new driver starting off as an o/o i can see that working . :roll:

seadawg 01-02-2007 11:37 PM

Class of 2003, Schneider has one of the best training programs around, and after you finish training they'll give you a truck to tear up, stay for the one year and if you aren't satisfied with them, and you still have a good record, you can get a job with almost any truck company you want. :lol:

greg3564 01-03-2007 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seadawg
Class of 2003, Schneider has one of the best training programs around, and after you finish training they'll give you a truck to tear up, stay for the one year and if you aren't satisfied with them, and you still have a good record, you can get a job with almost any truck company you want. :lol:

Unless they send you to school in Dallas. If you go to Dallas you have to sign a contract for 18 months. I hear that SNI is going to change all thier schools to 18 months if they haven't already.

NevadaJim 01-03-2007 03:50 AM

I hear the Schneider training is decent but their pay is actually lower than Swift. If both are hiring out of your zip code I guess it would depend on what you consider more important...training or a couple pennies. I checked with Scneider first but they don't hire out of my zip code so the conversation was quick.

Ian Williams 01-03-2007 05:09 AM

You got a false dilemma here. Its like driving past the steakhouse and sushi bar asking do I want McDonalds or Burger King?

CPM is not the whole picture.

Do they use HHG or Practical Miles?

Whats the average length of haul?

Do they have a busy lane close to your home?

Pay for detention, delay, and other stuff can make a big difference.

An 18 month payback for their over priced training is just ridiculous. You are much better off finding a local truck school and paying your own way. On the plus side they do have computer simulators, thats something that only a handful or training programs had.

One of the guys on the swing shift with me trained with Pumpkin. He only stuck around for about a month on a dedicated account that paid $800 week for 60-70 hrs before entering the promised land of LTL.

One of our line drivers started his career with Swift in CA and went through a personnel bankruptcy when they had no work for him.

Just my $.02