Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Jobs in South Carolina (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/23388-jobs-south-carolina.html)

teamster 12-27-2006 07:29 AM

Jobs in South Carolina

I am just wondering if anybody on here may know how the market is in South Carolina. Are jobs plentiful, pay well, etc. I am interested to know what types of LTL jobs are in the Columbia or Florence area. Also does anyone know anything about Southeastern Freightlines. Thanks for all replies.

coalregion 12-27-2006 02:56 PM

I think that TMC has a terminal in Columbia, if your interested in flatbed work...

Redeemed 12-27-2006 06:50 PM

teamster,

I know for certain that Old Dominion has a Columbia terminal and I am pretty sure they have one in the Florence/Darlington area. Freight is slow for us as it is with all LTL right now. But OD is overall a good company so check it out.

I know nothing personally about Southeastern but have heard good from all the people I have talked to.

terrylamar 12-27-2006 08:39 PM

Re: Jobs in South Carolina

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamster
I am just wondering if anybody on here may know how the market is in South Carolina. Are jobs plentiful, pay well, etc. I am interested to know what types of LTL jobs are in the Columbia or Florence area. Also does anyone know anything about Southeastern Freightlines. Thanks for all replies.

Can't speak for the trucking jobs, but the Marines are looking for a few good men. Paris Island, SC, the only way to go! 8)

davenport1 12-28-2006 03:59 PM

i worked for a little bit at Southeastern, all i can say is they're a great company; i wish i would've stayed there. i know SEFL is right there on hwy 378 off I-26 in Columbia.

teamster 12-28-2006 06:55 PM

Is SEFL like other ltl meaning you are on call or do you actually have a schedule. What was the hourly pay for city work.

yoopr 12-28-2006 07:35 PM

Paris Island, SC, the only way to go!

Have fun in the Swamp :P

davenport1 12-28-2006 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teamster
Is SEFL like other ltl meaning you are on call or do you actually have a schedule. What was the hourly pay for city work.

i had a schedule (i was a P&D driver) i would go in at 10 am and get off between 6 and 8 pm. starting pay was $18.05 and goes up to $20.05 after 1 yr.

teamster 12-29-2006 08:26 AM

That sounds pretty good. Did you work in SC or NC for them. I am wondering if the pay is different from state to state.

coalregion 12-29-2006 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoopr
Paris Island, SC, the only way to go!

Have fun in the Swamp :P

Yoop, My best friend just retired form 23 years in the Corps last year. He said that boot camp at Paris Island in July had to be the closest he's ever come to hell w/o actually being there, and he did stints in the Gulf War and 2 tours in Iraq! :lol: