Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   TransAm diary/info (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/22461-transam-diary-info.html)

madii'swife 12-30-2006 08:12 PM

Re: problem is is maverick auto shift?

Quote:

Originally Posted by syl77dar
is maverick automatic? cuz after driving trans am they are all autos and he will have limited himself to auto shift only.

He learned manual, tested out with trans am on a manual, and is perfectly capable of running manuals. That said, Maverick to my understanding is almost totally automatic, not that it really matters.

Goin Fer It 12-30-2006 08:19 PM

Wow! I am sorry to hear about the situation for your husband at TA. I hop things get better. My husband is happy at Davis. With flatbedding they give him plenty of time to get his load there and they will usually take the load early. He also does not get those funky delivery times with flatbedding.

I hope he can stick it out until he gets with a better company. Maybe you could research and see if another company will take him.

Best wishes for you guys!

Goin Fer It's Wife

-FlyByNight- 12-30-2006 08:21 PM

I drive for Crete. Here's a couple links to my posts about Trans Am. :)

Any info on TransAm or Stevens Transport
Trans Am or Arrow

madii'swife 12-30-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -FlyByNight-
I drive for Crete. Here's a couple links to my posts about Trans Am. :)

Any info on TransAm or Stevens Transport
Trans Am or Arrow

:| I guess I could have looked at your signature huh. I've seen those posts before about Trans Am. My husband didn't go with Crete because of the hazmat, or more accurately because of the pain in the rear it is to get the hazmat endorsement in Texas. It is one of the companies I've heard a lot of good about and very little bad however. Thanks for answering and for your input!

terrylamar 12-30-2006 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madii'swife
My husband didn't go with Crete because of the hazmat, or more accurately because of the pain in the rear it is to get the hazmat endorsement in Texas.

HazMat is no more a pain in the rear in Texas as in any other state. You do have to wait longer, but so what. It took me about 1.5 months to get my letters, your license is sent to you automatically. I'm still waiting on mine. Christmas slowed government workers down, what with all the time off they are entitled to. It's funny those of us that pay their salaries are still out there working. :x

-FlyByNight- 12-30-2006 09:08 PM

You're welcome. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by madii'swife
He is still trying to find the balance between doing what he has to do, and keeping a clear conscience and being able to look himself in the mirror every night. However, I wish I were a betting person, because if he ran out of hours 150 miles away from us, we would be going to get him, or he would be waiting, end of story. He has SAT that close to us, read back to the Rockwall story. We went to him, not expected him to drive illegally to us. Each to their own, and I do understand your point and he is wrestling with where the line is for him.

To quote a Greg Allman song, I'm No Angel. 8) I've fractured my share of HOS regulations in the past. Not at Crete, because I don't need to. Well, that and they do electronic logging and would bust my ass. :lol: However, as a general rule I'm like your husband. I've shut it down when my 11 or 14 was up and taken my ten hour break at the Love's in Wamsutter, WY (I-80 exit 173) or the TA in Fort Bridger, WY (I-80 exit 30) and I live in Rock Springs, WY (I-80 exit 102). One of the many reasons I came to Crete was so I could run legal and still be make a decent income. I've done that and more! Not only is my income up, but more importantly so is my moral. I truly enjoy working for Crete. I feel I work smarter, not harder here. IMHO, it would be more than worth the hassle for him to get his hazmat endorsement to be able to come to Crete. :D

madii'swife 01-02-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -FlyByNight-
You're welcome. :)

To quote a Greg Allman song, I'm No Angel. 8) I've fractured my share of HOS regulations in the past. Not at Crete, because I don't need to. Well, that and they do electronic logging and would bust my ass. :lol: However, as a general rule I'm like your husband. I've shut it down when my 11 or 14 was up and taken my ten hour break at the Love's in Wamsutter, WY (I-80 exit 173) or the TA in Fort Bridger, WY (I-80 exit 30) and I live in Rock Springs, WY (I-80 exit 102). One of the many reasons I came to Crete was so I could run legal and still be make a decent income. I've done that and more! Not only is my income up, but more importantly so is my moral. I truly enjoy working for Crete. I feel I work smarter, not harder here. IMHO, it would be more than worth the hassle for him to get his hazmat endorsement to be able to come to Crete. :D

We will definitely keep Crete in mind. Although I think he's scared of hauling green glowing stuff or something when you say hazmat because that was still his first response when I told him what you said! He really wants to skateboard too, so I think thats part of it. We're just gonna have to wait and see what happens in 6 months or so.

madii'swife 01-03-2007 03:05 AM

My husband ended up sitting with the load all weekend. He drove the remaining what ended up being 200 miles yesterday, and was able to unload around midnight last night after getting his 10 hour in so that he was ready to roll. He picked up in Storm Lake, IA this morning early, and took his next 10 there. He leaves here shortly to head for Dallas and is due in early on Thursday, then we'll see what they do for sure. He is thinking they'll go ahead and send him up here but we aren't sure yet. At this point we would almost rather him take one more short load if they had it, as he needs the miles.

Apparantly my children brought chickenpox back from Olathe with them! Hoping they clear up soon and they all have mild cases. Our church did have some things planned (in the works at least) hoping to spend some time with my husband but if the children still have pox we won't be able to :(

Goin Fer It 01-04-2007 04:39 AM

Did your husband end up in any of the snowstorms over the weekend?

Sorry to hear about the chickenpox. But it is a good thing in a way. My 15 year old had them already and the ten year old has also had them. A few years ago when the ten year old had them I had her little sister around her hoping that she would get them and get it over with. She never caught them. I think the shot that they gave her prevented her from catching them.

Not a good thing. If this shot wears off when she is older Chicken Pox can be deadly to an adult. So it is a good thing to get it over with. But I know you are tired and BUSY!

Take Care,
Goin Fer It's Wife

madii'swife 01-04-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
Did your husband end up in any of the snowstorms over the weekend?

No, he saw a little rain and thats all. They kept him up in Minnesota and Michigan all weekend, until midnight Monday night when they ran him to Iowa.

Quote:

Sorry to hear about the chickenpox. But it is a good thing in a way. My 15 year old had them already and the ten year old has also had them. A few years ago when the ten year old had them I had her little sister around her hoping that she would get them and get it over with. She never caught them. I think the shot that they gave her prevented her from catching them.

Not a good thing. If this shot wears off when she is older Chicken Pox can be deadly to an adult. So it is a good thing to get it over with. But I know you are tired and BUSY!

Take Care,
Goin Fer It's Wife
Well, my middle son who seemed to have them the worst declared to me before bed tonight that "my spots on my tummy are all gone!" and sure enough they just look like little dots now. Crazy thing is they never did pus out, or scab over, so I don't know for sure whats going on. My littlest only had 6 pox and his are doing the same thing. My daughter had them when she was younger.
None of mine are vaccinated, so I'm not sure what the stats regarding the shot are. I know that I've never had them, but was exposed multiple times as a child and never did catch them. Right now I'm just thankful that it seems to be going away painlessly! :)