Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   U.S. Express (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/22281-u-s-express.html)

goodoldguy 11-14-2006 08:24 PM

U.S. Express

What will be done now?? Here is what happend. I had an Orentation setup got a call from home that I needed to be home right away because of a death. So I just got dressed grabed my stuff and left and called the hotel while enrought and they said no problum they would tell U.S. Xpress so I did not call in.. Once everything is taken care of will I be able to come back?? I had one other one time I could not make it eaither because of missing the bus... I called and told them what happend that time... Will this screw me for getting another trucking job or just this company????

larryh31 11-14-2006 08:34 PM

It really all depends on how USX list your employment history on your DAC report. Have you tried to contact USX and see if you are eligible for re-hire yet?

Emergency's do come up. But you must communicate with your employer so that there won't be any problems later on.

goodoldguy 11-14-2006 08:38 PM

Why would they put it on DAC?? I was never hired through them... I never went to a Orentation... the 2 things came up beond my control!

larryh31 11-14-2006 08:45 PM

In that case you probably are just screwed with us express.

syl77dar 11-15-2006 12:12 AM

goodluck

goodluck

mike3fan 11-15-2006 12:49 AM

don't take this the wrong way,but if you had time to call the motel why wouldn't you call usx also?
sorry for the circumstances that made you leave in the first place.

hitman 11-15-2006 01:33 PM

Just a warning, but a guy on another web site posted that he had been driving for USX for one month, and was just terminated because he was one month off about his past employment. He put down that he left in June when he actually left in May. They say he was falsifying his report. I would stay away from a company if they were going to be that anal.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-15-2006 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman
Just a warning, but a guy on another web site posted that he had been driving for USX for one month, and was just terminated because he was one month off about his past employment. He put down that he left in June when he actually left in May. They say he was falsifying his report. I would stay away from a company if they were going to be that anal.

I'm not usually a betting person...But I would be willing to bet they fired him for more than this .

11-15-2006 09:37 PM

You really should have called USX. Why would you put that much trust in a desk clerk?

mikey4069 11-16-2006 12:03 AM

I worked for us xpress and they are not that anal im sure it must have been something else . Us xpress is not bad of company to work for if your newbie to get your time in .