Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   estes express line loses home depot (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/22128-estes-express-line-loses-home-depot.html)

DRIVERMAN77077 11-10-2006 03:54 AM

estes express line loses home depot

# 165 in houston texas laid off 8 dock workers on 11/08/06 due to the company losing the home depot account no drivers have been laid off yet has any other estes drivers notice the company lossing alot of freight?

Smooth 11-10-2006 04:44 AM

Who cares ?

DRIVERMAN77077 11-10-2006 04:49 AM

i do

greg3564 11-10-2006 04:59 AM

Is the language really necessary? Take it somewhere else. If you can't express your opinions or feelings without dropping curse words then don't say anything at all. Grow up. :roll:

Ian Williams 11-10-2006 07:20 AM

Once upon a time Con-Way had the account.

When I was in training one of our sales folk gave a talk. He referred to HD as the crazy ex-wife that we would not touch with a 10ft pole. Lots of ugly freight and very late appointment times with lots of OT.

I just wonder who "won" the business.

teamster 11-10-2006 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
Who cares ?

Hey Smooth. Do not let that new job at Yellow go to your head. Trust me there will be a time this winter when they "dont care" about you when your sitting at home wondering how you will pay your bills. I hope you dont have alot of bills to pay, because when you ask them why you are not getting a call-they too will say WHO CARES. BTW, keep in mind that at 80% of scale you are making the same or even less than most people on this board, so just chill a little. You have alot of dues to pay.

Snowman7 11-10-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth
Who cares ?

:shock: Who pizzed in your Cheerios! Lighten up Bro, Conway layed me off too and it sucks. LTL is slow right now. The guys at Estes are just trying to make a living like you and me. They're just drivers, they dont own the place.

AmEagleDrvr 11-10-2006 12:27 PM

Re: estes express line loses home depot

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRIVERMAN77077
# 165 in houston texas laid off 8 dock workers on 11/08/06 due to the company losing the home depot account no drivers have been laid off yet has any other estes drivers notice the company lossing alot of freight?

Driverman, my brother drives for Estes. We were just talking about this Wed. night with a bunch of other Estes drivers. According to them , just the Houston region lost this acct, not the whole company, and several Houston Drivers were laid off as well. My brother works out of the Alexandria, LA terminal.

DRIVERMAN77077 11-10-2006 02:03 PM

no drivers were laid off yet only the home depot dock workers the guys who did home depot were moved to daytime p&d but they are only getting 30 hours a week

Smooth 11-10-2006 03:52 PM

8 drivers got laid off , they didn't lose there jobs . It's called collecting unemployment , You get a break from your job , collect $300+ a week and work under the table for $300 more a week . Big deal you take a paycut for a few months , That's what I'm doing now , but I'm not complaining . There are 100's of drivers and dockworkers getting laid off every week , it's called winter .