Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers
You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   JB HUNT NEW %PAY FOR OWNER OPERATORS (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21909-jb-hunt-new-%25pay-owner-operators.html)

marcel27208 11-03-2006 08:52 PM

JB HUNT NEW %PAY FOR OWNER OPERATORS

anybody know much about the 65% PLUS fuel surcharge program, no forced dispatch system form JB Hunt??? SOUNDS pretty good from radio ad.

Sheepdancer 11-03-2006 09:19 PM

Once again I dont know if my opinion counts because im one of those "evil" JB recruiters.

I can tell you this.....Owner Ops are loving it. Its WAY better than our old program.
Got an email just today from operations that told us that since weve started the % pay we have only lost 1 driver on it. Thats a pretty good turnover rate and tells me they are doing well.
They are averaging about 1.50 per loaded mile and grossing about 2000-2200 after expenses.

Rev.Vassago 11-03-2006 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer:
They are averaging about 1.50 per loaded mile and grossing about 2000-2200 after expenses.

Per month??!?!?!?!

Sheepdancer 11-03-2006 09:30 PM

Sure....if thats all he wants to make per month, he can.....no forced dispatch

dollarshort 11-03-2006 10:19 PM

Once again I dont know if my opinion counts because im one of those "evil" JB recruiters.

I can tell you this.....Owner Ops are loving it. Its WAY better than our old program.
Got an email just today from operations that told us that since weve started the % pay we have only lost 1 driver on it. Thats a pretty good turnover rate and tells me they are doing well.

Wow! sign me up :roll: 1.50 per loaded mile. :shock: What about empty miles? Give us ALL the information there sheepdancer. Don't dangle the pickle :lol:

Still making less than a company driver but have all the headaches :P

Rev.Vassago 11-03-2006 10:25 PM

Sure....if thats all he wants to make per month, he can.....no forced dispatch

Typical "non answer" from a dispatcher. :roll:

Sheepdancer 11-03-2006 10:49 PM

So its not for you, Rev....I can live with that. I can say that Im having no problem at all hiring owner ops with this program. And in reality, thats what I care about. I love the jobs that are easy to fill and this is one of them.

ThumperS25 11-03-2006 11:24 PM

ADD empty miles or dead head miles and wala your making about what a company man makes. However I understand not everyone is a company man. Its a little hypicritical that JB is just now paying 100% fuel surcharge (or are they). On thursday night/friday morning radio broadcast of land line Now on XM 171, the mentioned something about JB not doing a good job of passing the fuel surcharge to those who actually pay the fuel. Im not saying this isnt a good deal for some, but I believe its in the best intrest of all of us to know all the facts.

marcel27208 11-04-2006 12:06 AM

Sheepdancer, do you guys use a load board or how does that work for non-force dispatch? From what i understand schneider is going to go to the same type of % pay, they have a few drivers testing it now out of the charlotte OC, does JB require qualcomm in O/O trucks?

yoopr 11-04-2006 12:47 AM

Don't go by the 65%-Go by the rate the freight is running.