Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   J.B. Hunt Terminals? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21864-j-b-hunt-terminals.html)

Sheepdancer 11-03-2006 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stinkyfinger
If I may butt in here, what exactly is a "home center" ? Exactly. From my 19 yrs doin' this crap,all I ever heard of was, terminal:ya get a truck, maintence,dispatch,etc. Drop yard ; ya drop a trailer and pick up another,lots of times just a fenced in area with no facilities. Main terminal (not sure if there's a slang term for it) where you can get anything from maintence to company merch. to a bunk and a shower.Has some new terms popped up lately? If so, I and I would presume others might like to hear them.Seems to me,and I mean no harm in this,that the BIG companies try to come up with all these new "sweet" terms and phrases to try to "lure" new drivers into their "den". You being a recruiter, I would assume you would know first hand precisely what your companys' location desriptions meant. Believe me, I am in no way tryin to start something.I'm just curious why you gave him such an arounabout answer. BTW, what exactly does "a spot on the map you can drive out of" mean? Once again, I'm new to this board and I'm not here to stir things up. I just think alot of these posts, should be more clarified. Alot of the replies beat around the bush.

I said exactly what i meant. A spot on a map you can drive out of. But I will explain it a little more clearly. With a home center most likely there wouldnt be a yard there you can keep your truck so you would keep your truck at home. You know how a lot of companies say you have to be certain mile radius from terminals. Home centers open up that radius for more drivers. In other words you can be 100 miles radius from a terminal or home center. A SPOT ON THE MAP.
So let me be clear once again
Terminals are full JB hunt facilities.
Satellites are smaller terminals
Home centers might be a small yard, or maybe just a spot on the map you can live within 100 or sometime 150 miles of and still drive OTR but most likely you would keep your truck at home.
In all reality it doesnt really matter where the terminals or home centers are. I can pretty much hire OTR drivers anywhere east of I-35 excluding far northern michigan and south Florida. And those drivers can take their trucks home. Also Arizona, southern Ca and colorado.

stinkyfinger 11-03-2006 03:04 PM

Oh ok sheepdancer .I see it more clearly now. I just wasn't sure of the terms you were using. Thanks for clearing it up. BTW,do you have any "home daily" routes in the Dayton oh. area? Just curious

Sheepdancer 11-03-2006 03:15 PM

there are a couple of local jobs that open up in the dayton area from time to time. Two that come to mind are the Weyerhauser flatbed local job and the home depot store delivery job. Also there are some automotive part linehaul jobs that open up pretty regularly that dont get you home every day, but about every other day. None of these are open right now.
If the open up anytime soon, I will PM ya.