Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Crete Carriers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21456-crete-carriers.html)

redog33049 10-19-2006 06:38 AM

Crete Carriers

I have heard alot of good things about Crete, but would like to know form a driver who is currently working for them what it is like to work for them.

Another thing is if anyone has done trainning with them what that was like.

Thanks

Crete_drvr 10-19-2006 05:34 PM

I love it great pay, lots of miles, so-so equipment.

Did I mention, lots of miles? 8)

Any other questions?

dipstick 10-20-2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
I love it great pay, lots of miles, so-so equipment.

Did I mention, lots of miles? 8)

Any other questions?

If I live in Boise will they hire me and be able to get me home every two or three weeks?

Karnajj 10-21-2006 11:34 PM

Absolutely. Especially if you get yourself on to the western regional fleet.

bman2015 10-23-2006 03:59 PM

Bill Wisell we need to chat, if you are out there
Crete is a great company

-FlyByNight- 10-23-2006 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bman2015
Bill Wisell we need to chat, if you are out there
Crete is a great company

I don't think he frequents these boards much anymore, if at all. However, you can reach him at 1-800-998-2221.

robertt 10-27-2006 02:16 AM

CRETE

I have a tentative date to go to orientation with Crete. I didn't ask the recruiter many details about the trucks. Could someone enlighten me. 9 or 10 speeds? What size motor? I know they are goverened at 65 or so. Is the interior pretty descent, carpet? Comfy seats? CD or Cassette? Power Windows? Heated mirrors? How often can you get a wash done? She (the recruiter)thought once a month but she said they like clean trucks also so if it's dirty you can probably get it washed more than that if it needs it. I'm kind of anal when it comes to clean. Anyway, any other info appreciated. Thanx

-FlyByNight- 10-27-2006 09:03 AM

Re: CRETE

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertt
I have a tentative date to go to orientation with Crete. I didn't ask the recruiter many details about the trucks. Could someone enlighten me. 9 or 10 speeds? What size motor? I know they are goverened at 65 or so. Is the interior pretty descent, carpet? Comfy seats? CD or Cassette? Power Windows? Heated mirrors? How often can you get a wash done? She (the recruiter)thought once a month but she said they like clean trucks also so if it's dirty you can probably get it washed more than that if it needs it. I'm kind of anal when it comes to clean. Anyway, any other info appreciated. Thanx

Generally speaking the trucks are Freightliner Century S/T's with Meritor 10 speed transmissions and Detroit engines governed at 65. I just got a new 07 last week. This one has a CD player, but my 04 had a cassette. The seats are pretty basic with armrests. The floors are rubber, but you can get a precut carpet set in black, charcoal or gray out of the company store in Lincoln, NE for $75. Only the passenger side mirror/window is power and they do have heated mirrors. You can wash your truck at a Pilot Express or Blue Beacon once a month. Anything over that is out of your pocket. You're allowed to wash your truck at the terminals as often as you like for free. I know at Lincoln they have one or two full time guys that clean them. Hope that helps. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions. :)

robertt 10-28-2006 01:47 PM

FlyByNight, I PM'd you

redog33049 10-28-2006 08:21 PM

SNI buying out Crete

I read a post on Pumkindriver dated Feb. 2006 that said that SNI bought out Crete Carrier.

Here's the post:

http://www.pumpkindriver.com/cgi-bin...=007212#000016

I would like to know if this is true.