Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Narrowing the list down (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21451-narrowing-list-down.html)

devildice 10-19-2006 02:53 AM

Narrowing the list down

Well as my research continues on which companies I want to apply to I have managed to narrow the list down. I am leaning heavy towards dry vans but have not ruled out refers or skateboards.

My list started out with aprox. 62 companies and to date have eliminated a total of 25 and am still researching 28. So below is what I have so far and welcome any feedback on them.

Dry Vans:
Crete
CFI
NDI
Roehl

Refer
Shaffer
TransAm
SRT

Flatbed
Hunt
Passmore
Maverick
TMC

The above list is just what I have to date. As i stated I am still researching others and will update at a later date.

Many of the companies that I was interested in either do not hire in my area or do not hire student grads :cry:

Smooth 10-19-2006 03:42 AM

TransAm is Reefers but they are lousy as is NDI .
Best earnings potential is probably Maverick , TMC , Crete/Shaffer or CFI
Best hometime OPTIONS are Roehl , TMC and Maverick will get you home on weekends .

devildice 10-19-2006 03:50 AM

opps.....I put TransAm in the wrong place but have corrected it.

What is wrong with NDI? All my research has been positive, only thing I did ot care for was that they pay McNalley.

Colin 10-19-2006 07:00 AM

I heard good things about NDI as well. Indiana's not THAT bad of a place to live... :P

arky 10-20-2006 03:00 AM

Go with Maverick!

Get started with a good company built on honesty, driver respect and safety. It also doesn't hurt that their pay scale is .05/mile better than most of the training companies I looked at. Their orientation and training pay is $200/week better than their closest competitior.

Maverick will treat you right, start to finish.

Arky

fireman932003 10-20-2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colin
I heard good things about NDI as well. Indiana's not THAT bad of a place to live... :P

Well, that all depends on where you live at in Indiana! I live in the very southern part of Indiana and there isn't anything for trucking jobs here! There are a few here and there but nothing that I would call GOOD. Now if you get up around Indy or Gary then it gets alot better!

devildice 10-21-2006 01:51 AM

Just did some more checking and it turns out that Maverick does not hire in my area :sad:

arky 10-21-2006 04:10 AM

Sorry to hear that devildice. I know there was a guy in orientation with me from around Houston, but I guess they don't go as far west as San Antonio.

Later, Arky

mudflap276 10-21-2006 04:27 AM

TMC has a tx dedicated and you could get home on weekends and perhaps some during the week. pay is % or cpm. tx dedicated is cpm only. i was with them for a little over a year and got home nearly every weekend while on linehaul. passmore runs out of a lot of the same places that TMC runs. hometime is supposed to be every weekend from what i hear. maverick, from what i read, is pretty good. havent really talked to their drivers much. i usually see hunt on I35 and in alcoa but havent talked to them much either.

devildice 10-21-2006 04:32 AM

Haven't looked into Hunt that much, I'll have to check them out. I do like TMC and Passmore (aside from Maverick of course) and both hire/run through San Antonio