Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   TMC or Maverick? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21450-tmc-maverick.html)

cadillac 10-19-2006 02:46 AM

TMC or Maverick?

What are they're good and bad pts? Yes, I have read your posts Fred, Von and Mudflap..... I've been accepted to both.

richey94 10-19-2006 11:57 AM

Maverick has better training pay, worse insurance, equipment and they pay cpm which is typically less than percentage. That is about all the difference we found while we were searching. They are both a very good place to start. It depends on what you want from a company. Good luck.

arky 10-20-2006 02:11 AM

We did have an ex TMC driver in our orientation class last week. He was very much impressed with Maverick compared to TMC.

If your in need of training, I think you will find Maverick to be the best choice. The training pay alone can add up to several hundred dollars. They have an excellent training program and their reputation is second to none.

PM me if you have any questions.

Arky

GoldiesPlating 10-20-2006 03:33 PM

Nice avitar Arky. :roll:

USMC Vet 10-20-2006 11:01 PM

Your just irritated because he made the correct choice by going with Maverick.One less guy for you to recruit.

GoldiesPlating 10-20-2006 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC Vet
Your just irritated because he made the correct choice by going with Maverick.One less guy for you to recruit.

No actually I'm irritated because his Avitar promotes the degrading lifestyle some single mom's have to endure to make ends meet. I don't NEED to recruit ANYONE. I make more than enough money with my business www.goldiesplating.com And I've also stated that Maverick is a FINE place to work. IMHO I believe both TMC and Maverick are the top two companies out there for newbies to learn and drive with. And BTW, "your" is spelled "you're" when used in the context you used it in.

mudflap276 10-21-2006 01:11 AM

lol :lol:

dk132 10-21-2006 01:32 AM

You have to admit flatbedfred you do sound like you are a recruiter sometimes. And well I have looked at your website and you do have a recruiting link. no offense just an observation. Avatar is spelled with an "a" not an" i". :lol:

nrvsreck 10-21-2006 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC Vet

No actually I'm irritated because his Avitar promotes the degrading lifestyle some single mom's have to endure to make ends meet. I don't NEED to recruit ANYONE. I make more than enough money with my business www.goldiesplating.com And I've also stated that Maverick is a FINE place to work. IMHO I believe both TMC and Maverick are the top two companies out there for newbies to learn and drive with. And BTW, "your" is spelled "you're" when used in the context you used it in.

Dadgum! You just now noticed his avatar? :lol:

GoldiesPlating 10-21-2006 02:49 AM

Yeah Yeah Yeah I KNOW I sound like a recruiter. :P And who's better than me screwing up the spelling of avatar when I'm TRYING to make fun of someone ELSE for THEIR spelling. Dammit I HATE when that happens. LOL
All kidding aside, I would miss you guys USMCVET, DollarShort, Mudflap and the rest if you WEREN'T here. Feels like one big family with the usual brothers and sisters arguing. In fact, I'm going to work on a page for my site that talks (good) about each of you. Thanks all of you for keeping me in check when I DO need it sometimes. :wink: