Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   celadon laid off (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21233-celadon-laid-off.html)

dragonlady1942 10-09-2006 05:58 PM

celadon laid off

they have laid off a bunch. Mike is one of them. he was told that the reason was being off so long and only working 3 months. something about if he had went back to school before working for digby they would have kept him. we do not have money to go back to school. He got a release from his doctor to go back to work. I have had it. lost a son, lost my husband of 36 years, worked so hard at building my credit up to A+ only to have that lady who ran the stop sign ruin it, I am to freaken old to start over again as I can't work. moved away from surfside beach to get away from hurricanes, only to have Rita drop a tree on my house and destroyed it completely, & now this. He is stuck in lavergne and the are trying to get him a trip to Dallas and we will have to find a way to go get him, my car won't make that trip. I well thanks everyone for your help. this world and then the next. :roll: I'm darn sure ready for it. anything has to be better then this.

whorutommy 10-09-2006 06:13 PM

fly

DFW, every hr. flyinto Bush airport. Ive used them alot, 42 min. flight. I used the regular up onto 2 yr.s ago.. Cost was $109 he can walk in anytime.. Good luck

Sealord 10-09-2006 10:31 PM

Laid Off

If he is laid off, he may be able to get retraining (paid for by the state under WIA) thru your state's unemployment office (one-stop). Check it out. BOL

marcel27208 10-10-2006 12:09 AM

i dont think he was "laid off" per say.... he just didnt meet there insurance requirements........ how long had he driven for digby b4 celadon bought them out? how long has he driven period?

dragonlady1942 10-10-2006 01:24 AM

marcel

he worked for them 3 years till the accident then he was off 3 years and he was rehired June 21st. He has a load to somewhere around ft worth. then I think he is taking the truck to waxahattchee, to celadon. he is going to call knight tomorrow, they have a branch here in Katy, outside Houston and we live north of Houston. thing is they ask for 4 months, and it won't be that till the 21st. :sad: and that may also be required by knights ins. will check out the retraining. I think it is awful the way trucking companies can leave you stuck out away from home like this. :evil: he has a TV and all kinds of stuff in his truck and no suitcase. we will have to go get him or rather my son will, I can't drive that far. I sure thank you all. He is a good person, he don't smoke or drink, he quit it all. He has more will power then I do. Now his mouth :?: :?: what can I say, he was a musician since he was 14 :roll: Maybe before he applies for another job I can talk him into cutting that long hair off. :wink:

Malaki86 10-10-2006 01:32 AM

You may want to look into USXpress, especially if he has a physical disability. The automatic trannies in their trucks would be better on his body. They have a terminal in the Dallas/Ft Worth area too.

Big John 10-10-2006 03:22 AM

I thought Celadon hired student drivers and did training?

PackRatTDI 10-10-2006 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big John
I thought Celadon hired student drivers and did training?

They'll hire you if you have at least 3 months experience.

ken_o 10-10-2006 03:51 AM

how many drivers total is celedon laying off. r they replacing you with a cheaper version from south of the border?

dragonlady1942 10-10-2006 04:10 AM

All I know is what they told him. They just do what they want I guess, they do not have to give you a reason. they laid off a bunch of dispatchers also, and truckers let them get away with it. I wish I was younger and not ill, I would do my best to start a grass roots fight on stopping trucking companies from doing this kind of thing to truckers. I think it should be very Illegal. Digby was also in the wrong for doing this to the FAMILY they said they carred about :lol: bus ticket with no where to put all a truckers junk. they carry their life in that truck.
I once say a trucker wearing a t-shirt that said "THINK HOMOSEXUALITY IS STUPID? AT LEAST THEY ARE ORGANIZED something like that anyway.
sometimes I think I miss driving, and times like this I am so glad I'm out of it. Michael also drives legal, will NOT bread the rules. maybe that was one of the reasons, who knows? not me, I am 64 tomorrow and still think life should be fair :P
I just read this about usxpress.

USXpress Enterprises Long Hauler Stranded Middle Of Nowhere Chattanooga Tennessee

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff110441.htm