Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   ?'s on CR England (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/21026-s-cr-england.html)

crazyWillie 10-02-2006 07:57 PM

?'s on CR England

I have submited an aplication to schneider and hoping they pick me up .

But if they dont i am looking at compnaies in my area that offer paid training. I cam cross CR England wondered what people thought about them. If it would be worth sticking the year out then switching to another company .

thanks allot guys

WildK9 10-02-2006 08:04 PM

don't know much about C.R.England cuz i've never worked there. only heard stuff on XM about that lawsuit against them. i have seen lots of comments on them here and i'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback. do a search on them and you'll see what i mean. BOL whereever you go!

crazyWillie 10-02-2006 08:11 PM

any helpo with companies that have paid training as well is greatly apreciated .

i am pretty sure schneider will pick me up but its a coin flip ATM

DesertRat 10-02-2006 08:13 PM

I would suggest not limiting yourself to those two options. Find out what companies will hire in your area and what they have to offer. Talk with drivers from those companies (webboards are ok for this, truckstops can be better.) Learn all you can about the job and about the possible employers and then decide. You have many more options than those two. I'd hate to see you jump in too quick and wind up in a bad situation.

fireman932003 10-02-2006 08:15 PM

Run as fast as you can! They are very well known for screwing drivers. Just keep asking about them in here and you will see what I mean. Do a search on them and learn! BOL

crazyWillie 10-02-2006 08:33 PM

Well I cant get in with swift due to i have a misdermeanor *sp* Midwest transport is alittle far lol in Nebraska cant afford to even get ther. Let alone feed myself for four weeks . Been out of work almost 2 months

So basically i am stuck i cant find any other schools that i can get into .

any ooptions presented would be great thanks

oregontrucker 10-02-2006 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireman932003
Run as fast as you can! They are very well known for screwing drivers. Just keep asking about them in here and you will see what I mean. Do a search on them and learn! BOL

Forgive me fireman for having a healthy skepticism, but there's so much negative stuff going around about Schneider, Swift, and England that it deserves close analysis.

I don't know if you've ever driven for them, but there's a difference between rumors and facts. Yes, Schneider has a few problems, such as low pay and all that, but I will tell you, it's a very good place to start. I started my trucking career with them and they taught me how to drive a truck in exchange for 1 year of employment with them. While that may not be okay to some, it was okay with me. Especially considering the fact that some trucking schools can cost up to $4,000+! (money that I didn't have at the time) Plus I was able to get valuable OTR experience with the great pumpkin. Pretty good deal, I thought. Going with Schneider or a similar company for a year and then weighing your options is a good strategy. If you're happy with Schneider, stay with them. If you're not, move on. Simple.

It's also important to remember that no trucking company is perfect.
All of them have shortcomings to one extent or another. A couple of guys on this forum have reminded me of that and it's true as can be.

crazyWillie 10-03-2006 10:01 PM

So i didnt get in with schneider said amy word history to sparatic even though there are no gaps what so ever, just abunch of dif places do to i work for a temp service,.

pretty ghey .

tehre is one in dallas that *pays* for training but i pay for the CDL which i can t afford money is soo tight its not even funny. Guess i am gonna try to find some over nite job since i cant pay for daycare , maybe in a few months i will have extra cash.

Uturn2001 10-03-2006 10:52 PM

Why dont you check with your local state employment office. You may be eligible for job training.

BTW: If you have worked for the same temp agency on several different jobs and you were paid by the temp agency then they were your employer for all of the temp jobs. You had one job, just multiple assignments.

crazyWillie 10-03-2006 11:30 PM

no a bunch of different ones so i could stay employed, coulnt take gaps inbetween employment , i hav e little ones , a far as the fibing part i dont like to lie.

I found a few places that wil hire me just cant aford teh up front costs.