Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Who's the best newbie flatbed company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/19616-whos-best-newbie-flatbed-company.html)

flatbedin 08-17-2006 09:43 PM

Who's the best newbie flatbed company?

Seeing that I've been searching and searching and searching the flatbed companies that hire newbie's. I was wandering what the general public thought about the various companies that hire newbie's.

Jackrabbit379 08-17-2006 09:48 PM

Im not a skateboarder,but I would say,either TMC,or Maverick,depending on where you live,and how long you want to be out. You can use the search feature doowhatchamahickey on top,and search both of those companies. For what I hear,both are great companies to work for. I went to TMC's website once,and they seem like they take care of ya. I also spent some time checking out Maverick's website. Maverick claims to really help out the new guys,and they seem to be top notch on training. There are several Maverick drivers that are members here,and they all seem to get home on a weekly basis. Same way with the TMC drivers.

tag along 08-17-2006 11:53 PM

You might want to look into Arrow based out of Tulsa, they take new drivers.

dieselgrl 08-18-2006 12:11 AM

I'm a new Arrow driver, and have been quite impressed at the program for both newbies and experienced drivers (my orientation is about 50/50). That said, I will admit Arrow's program was second in my mind to Maverick's, but Maverick is a much pickier company on the hiring side (they threw a fit I went back to Swift and wanted to change after 5 months)

Most newbies at Arrow are fresh out of CDL school, and they take you through everything with a week long orientation and a four week stint with a trainer. I just finished orientation myself as an experienced driver (I'm actually in Tulsa as I write this), so I can't speak to anything outside of the past five days or so, but so far I'm rather impressed.

PhuzzyGnu 08-18-2006 12:36 AM

I drove for Arrow in my previous life. Even though I had to leave them I still would recommend them to any newbie.

Hard work, fair pay, excellent equipment. I was put in a brand new Columbia straight out of two weeks of training. The ink on my CDL was still drying.

-p.

keeso 08-18-2006 11:29 AM

Maverick- hands down.

Sealord 08-18-2006 03:18 PM

Flattin'

You missed two unless you discounted 'em from the get-go. Swift and Werner. You could even use a doubles endorsement with Swift. BOL

mudflap276 08-18-2006 03:20 PM

I'm not new at this game but i know that TMC hires and sends people through school. every time i go through Des Moines, the orientation classes seem to get bigger. and they have a very good flatbed training program. the pay while in training doesn't complete with others i don't believe, but the pay when you get your truck is a lot better.