Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Pick one (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/17726-pick-one.html)

futuretrucker 06-03-2006 03:32 AM

Pick one

Which one would you pick if you had to start over from square one and why.
Also the 3 below all have cdl schools and run in my area so that is why they are my choices, other companies want me to stay out 3 plus weeks at a time or be apart of a team.

Thamks guys
Byron

OverTheRoad 06-03-2006 03:55 AM

Swift, they did OK by me the first time around and I would not have any problem going back. I worked for them for about 4 months and got a free CDL, they never billed me after I left. My dac shows me employed with them for almost a year. :) Oh well, there bad....
I did not have a problem with their mega carrier personality. I just rolled with the punches. Everyone is a number, including the office personal. I still talk with three of my fellow CDL classmates and one of them is a dispatcher for Swift now. He talks about the turnover in the office just as bad as the drivers. Swift has its up and downs and will not be super carrier forever but they do employ quite a few long time drivers. Time will tell.

fireman932003 06-03-2006 04:02 AM

FT, I thought I seen in another thread that you were going with CRE?? What happened? Did you change your mind?

futuretrucker 06-03-2006 04:05 AM

I havent really changed my mind per say, just looking at going to a diffrent company if i do change my mind. I want nice equipment to drive, i want to be treated like a human and respected, and i want to be able to make money.

OverTheRoad 06-03-2006 04:24 AM

Swift has nice equipment, I had a brand new 04 Volvo. Sweet truck. As far as being treated like a human... well that's up for debate. I just kept my head down and ran some miles. Only had to get tough a few times. You will stay busy if you want to run and can be on time. I don't know what Swift pays now but when I started it was 25 cpm. Once I got into the grove I could run 2500 miles easy. $625, ok money for a 21 year old kid coming from an EMT's wage. I was making $10 an hour working on a ambulance in Phx AZ. Good times, good times. Good luck.

fireman932003 06-03-2006 04:25 AM

Quote:

I havent really changed my mind per say, just looking at going to a diffrent company if i do change my mind. I want nice equipment to drive, i want to be treated like a human and respected, and i want to be able to make money.
Well, let me tell you this. I have been driving for going on 9 yrs now. So I do know a little about what I am talking about. I was reading your other thread about CRE. I will have to agree with the other drivers on this forum. A very good friend of mine went to school and started driving with CRE. He was this type of person that he would not put up a fight with no one and always did what he was told. He lasted 3 months with CRE before he darn near had to file Bankruptcy. He would have weeks where he was lucky to get 1100 miles for the week. His FM and everyone else did not care about his problems he had with loads. They just wanted him to get it there no matter what. I can show you his paychecks if you need to see. He said he does not mind. His truck was wore out. It had over 500,000 miles on it. It was all ragged out on the inside. They kept bugging him on their lease program. All of these drivers are not trying to give you a hard time. They are trying to teach you. There is A LOT of experience out there on these forums and if I were you, I would listen. They are not out to steer you wrong but to steer you right! We don't want to see another one of our driving brothers get burned by a crap company. We want to see you succeed. I hope that you heed their advise and avoid CRE. BOL to you!

USMC Vet 06-03-2006 04:46 AM

I second that last post.These guys know what they are talking about.Ardmore Farms Forever,yoopr,Uturn2001,GMAN,scoe,dollarshort and quite a few others know their stuff.Take their advice,in the long run I think it will be in your best interest.BOL

futuretrucker 06-03-2006 05:52 AM

I know that sometimes i can be stubbran when it comes to information not coming from a solid source. I tend to not believe shi% till shi$ happens you can say, most likley cause i give everyone the benefit of the doubt to prove themselves. So maybe i'm turning over a new leaf and looking for the vets to lead me in the right way.

06-03-2006 06:04 AM

Out of the 3 listed.....Swift hands down. Personally don't care for any of them but then I'm not a company man either. Paid my dues a long time ago. :wink:

OverTheRoad 06-03-2006 06:12 AM

Just stay away from any lease purchase program..... did you get that. :)