User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2015, 07:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ATS Anderson Trucking flatbed division

Hi;
Is anyone driving for ats in flatbed ? Never did flatbed so I was wondering what it is like . thinking of doing the lease option . What I really want to know is how much hard physical work is it ? Do you tarp , how heavy are tarps ? How heavy are chains ?
Might sound like stupid questions as I know you can't just give exact pounds for things . I just want to know if doing the type of work ats does are these things real heavy and very hard to drag around . are the chains just basically 5 or 10 feet long . Tarps I know must be quite heavy to hold up to wind.
I am sure you have to drag these around in nasty weather also .
I have always been an end dump driver and rarely do anything that could be considered hard work.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:55 PM

If you are not into physical labor flatbed isn't for you. Chains (ours at least) are about 30-35 lbs each, tarps are 60-80 lbs each. Tarping depends on load. One load can be easy, next can be a b*tch. BTW general transport chains are 20' long and 5/16 or 3/8". Ours are 25' long. 5'-10' are pointless to carry. Think about it, your deck is 8-8.5' across, what point will 5'-10' of chain be?
Old 02-10-2015, 05:49 PM
Rookie

thanks . That is not bad . I have only seen them tarps from a distance and they looked a lot heavier . I am old and broken but I think I can handle that .