User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2014, 12:35 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default new girl just finished training with Werner

Hello, I am a female driver that just finished training with Werner.

Overall I had a pretty good experience. 20 year pro trainer, professional guy, honest, didn't hit on me, or ask for sexual favors. He was polite, honest and a gentleman for the most part. We had our disagreements and I let him know when he pissed me off with his comments, but aside from that I can't complain. He worked with me on everything and anything. I still need work on my backing but I feel like I have the concept down.

Yesterday I finished up my training, so I will be taking my road and backing test on Monday, and after I pass getting my truck and dispatcher assigned to me.

I had a nice thread on the Truckers Report going about my experience with Werner, but the lot lizard of a board admin over there banned my account for no reason, so I wasn't able to finish it up.

Werner: My experience (in progress)
Old 03-28-2014, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveItUSA View Post
Hello, I am a female driver that just finished training with Werner.

Overall I had a pretty good experience. 20 year pro trainer, professional guy, honest, didn't hit on me, or ask for sexual favors. He was polite, honest and a gentleman for the most part."
[/url]
What?? No driver's stories from your trainer about how he knows "The Federal Marshall", and how he called the Federal Marshall to "take care of that DOT SOB" in Dallas..... or Chicago.... or L.A...... or Phoenix.... or Indianapolis?? or,.........??

No stories from your trainer about how he was a Green Berett in Vietnam?? Or, a Navy SEAL in Desert Storm??

(Hint: If you haven't learned by now, you'll soon discover that NO self respecting truck driver was EVER a billeting clerk in the Air Force, or a plumber's helper in the Navy, or a food inspector in the Army. No self respecting driver EVER passed out MRE's in the Marines, or was a Dental Assistant in The U.S. Coast Guard.
They ALL served in Special Forces. For some reason, I think almost all "Special Forces" military personnel became truck drivers when they got out of the military. I don't know why.

No stories from your trainer about how he hauls secret classified freight for the CIA??.... Or, the Super Dooper Double Top Secret Security Clearance that he has in order to haul the secret classified freight??

GET REAL!!This HAS to be another troll with another "driver's story"!!

I suppose now you're going to tell us that he showered every night?? Or, that he changed his socks at least once a week??

SAY IT ISN'T SO!! WHAT HAS GONE SO TERRIBLY WRONG IN THE TRUCKING INDUSTRY??

************************************************** *******************************************

Congratulations to you, DriveItUSA!! Just Remember: Don't ever stop learning.

Now, DIUSA, may I offer you a little Useless advice?

"I still need work on my backing but I feel like I have the concept down."

As far as backing is concerned: G-O-A-L.
Get Out And Look, then, Get Out And Look Again, then, Get Out And Look Some More!!

Something that my mentor taught me, that really helped me when I was learning to back, was to shift my perspectives from "backing the trailer" to "using the bobtail to PUSH the trailer into it's desired placement".

1.) Start by looking at the trailer from the back, and work your way foreword.

2.) Note how the tandem tires are currently staged, then consider how they need to be positioned in order to get the trailer properly positioned.

3.) Look at the placement of the trailer, then look at the position of the bobtail.

4.) Look at the position of the tractor tires, and think about how they need to be positioned in order to PUSH the trailer's tandems into their needed position.

5.) Look at the position of the steering tires, and ask yourself how you can use them in order to get the tractor tires positioned, so that you can get the trailer's tandems into the position that they need to be in in order to get the trailer into it's desired position.

6.) Don't forget to open the trailer's doors BEFORE you bump the dock. Chances are, you'll forget to do that a time or two; but when you get tired of having to pull up and reposition the trailer, you'll start remembering.

7.) ONE IMPORTANT RULE
that will help save you from having your DAC report unpleasantly "decorated", IF you will obey it.

NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER try to "back your way out of trouble". The temptation will strike you, but as many new drivers have learned the hard way, attempting to back your way out of small problems quickly leads to big trouble. When you see that what you're doing isn't going as planned, and it's not working, DO NOT attempt to correct the problem while you're still in reverse. Don't hesitate to pull up. Pull up as often as you need to, and make your corrections as you do. Reverse if for guiding the trailer into position. Correcting problems should be done during your pull-ups, and ONLY during your pull-ups.

After a long day of driving, you're going to be tired, and it can impair your focus. As a new driver, if you're in a truck stop parking lot at night, after a long day of driving, waiting, loading, unloading, etc., you'll most likely find yourself having to do repeated pull-ups in order to correct your mistakes. Unfortunately, you'll sometimes encounter some a&&hole who will start making snide remarks over the CB. Just turn your CB down. Considering that you're a female driver, you can usually find a decent, experienced driver (man or woman) who will be willing to help you. Hey!! I found drivers who were willing to help me, and I'm a guy!!

Best of Luck to you, but always remember:

"Luck" is a phenomenon which occurs when the thresholds of preparation converge with the thresholds of opportunity and circumstance.

Peace!!

Last edited by Useless; 03-28-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:52 AM
Senior Board Member

you suit your name useless
Old 03-28-2014, 11:22 PM
Rookie

holy long post useless, lmao! Thanks for the advice!

naw, mine was pretty down to earth. a little arrogant and pompous about somethings, but not overbearing. Im just glad he had good hygiene and didnt try to hit on me or get me to sleep with him.

just waiting on a truck now.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:58 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Congratulations on finishing your training, and welcome to CAD.

I started to read some of your thread on your link, (3 pages of 18) and glad you are sharing your experiences here.
Hope you enjoy your truck and new career.
I had enthusiasm like you when I started, and loved trucking all the way, until I made my final run.
I'm retired now, and just walk around with a steering wheel in me pants, because retirement is driving me nuts.

Old 03-29-2014, 02:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Congratulations on finishing your training, and welcome to CAD.

I started to read some of your thread on your link, (3 pages of 18) and glad you are sharing your experiences here.
Hope you enjoy your truck and new career.
I had enthusiasm like you when I started, and loved trucking all the way, until I made my final run.
I'm retired now, and just walk around with a steering wheel in me pants, because retirement is driving me nuts.
oh Shania given up steering your nuts hog
Old 03-29-2014, 11:17 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
oh Shania given up steering your nuts hog
Well, as you know, my first two dates didn't go well. It's been a few years since my last date, when I finally got home for a few days, and Shania agreed to meet me at my bachelor shack, for a dinner date in town. We took her car, and went for a very lovely meal at the Mei-Xui restaurant, the local Chinese restaurant in town where all the cats hang out.

We ordered the Poo Poo Platter, but no one had told me, never order the Sea Food platter after that, stick with Chop Sui or something. It was so nice to see Shania again, and after my previous encounters to convince her we are soul-mates, I knew this was my last chance. Everything went very lovely, the staff at the restaurant were always smiling at us, but now I know why.

On the drive back to my place, I could feel the gas, and it strikes you in two ways. Nausea and shooting pain, like you are dying. Shania is telling me about her latest tour, and even humming a tune. She try's to put her hand on mine, but I keep pulling it away, and starting to grimace. I knew at that moment, I had a fart on deck and I was in big trouble again. It was a good thing Shania was driving, but I rudely retorted.. "would you please hurry!"

She began worried, and asked if I was okay. The more I held it in, the more pain would shoot through my guts and down my legs. I had to raise myself off the seat, gripping the door and the dashboard. I gritted my teeth and managed to say, "seriously, please hurry, I'm in a lot of pain."
"Wow! what's wrong, should I take you to the Hospital?" she asked.

Well, I could answer her, or let the fart speak for itself. Really…. there was nothing I could do. I clamped down on my sphincter like a frogs ass, but slowly it eeeeeked out.
The more I tried to stop it, the more it forced it's way out the door. However, to my surprise, there was no sound. I sat silently, my forehead sweaty, thinking/hoping I got away with it. Okay…. maybe …. but then it hit me. This was no fart, this was a chemical weapon of mass destruction, designed by those Chinese. I'm talking dead rotting in your trunk hellish sort of way. I panicked, "Roll down your windows!" I screamed it in a horror movie sort of way.

"Why? what's going on!" she yells at me! I screamed "the windows are locked!" Then I could see it in her eyes. The horror… then she begins to tear up and says, "on my God, I can taste it!" "Roll down the windows" I screamed again, as the farts started coming out of me uncontrollably. She couldn't see, and kept turning on the windshield wipers. I'm screaming like a little girl, "UNLOCK IT! UNLOCK IT!"

We were under siege and the battle was worse than gunfire. Finally Shania gets the windows open, and we gasp for air.
We sat silently for the rest of the ride to my place. The shooting pains subsided, but I really-really needed to use the restroom. At this point, we were both just lucky to be alive.

She pulled up to my shack, and I jumped out before the car came to a stop, and ran for my toilet, like I was running from the cops. That is where noises came out of me, even I have never heard before.

Apparently I ran right out of my shoes. Shania was kind to bring them up to my front door, which was still open. "Hoggie, I'm setting your shoes by the door, are you okay sweetheart?"
FWAPpp-splatter ungodly sounds and eldrich stench emanate from the walls, "GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR" is heard in an Exocist like voice. "I'll call you later."

Old 03-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Rookie

um yeah, what did I just read?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
Rookie

DriveItUSA,

Just finished reading your thread on the other forum. Good Job on the post and with the training. Consider yourself lucky with the trainer you had...there are some horror stories out there. Congrats on finishing the training and getting your own truck!!! Also, want to thank you for your service!!!!!! I also am a Veteran, Army, from the time of the WAC (that's old for those of you who don't know what a WAC is).

My story is that my hubby is an O/O and wants me to get the CDL when I retire from Gov't service. Somehow I can't see myself in that closet with hubby for more than a few days. In my mind, it would just give me the opportunity to get a better choke hold on him in such close quarters compared to the house. Hubby says he would be the one to train me....hahahahaha!!!! I haven't found any other options that would be safer FOR ME though. I would have gone off on the trainer you had considering all the yelling he was doing. Just reading it took me back to Basic Training in the Army too.

Best of Luck on your new career!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Well, as you know, my first two dates didn't go well. It's been a few years since my last date, when I finally got home for a few days, and Shania agreed to meet me at my bachelor shack, for a dinner date in town. We took her car, and went for a very lovely meal at the Mei-Xui restaurant, the local Chinese restaurant in town where all the cats hang out.

We ordered the Poo Poo Platter, but no one had told me, never order the Sea Food platter after that, stick with Chop Sui or something. It was so nice to see Shania again, and after my previous encounters to convince her we are soul-mates, I knew this was my last chance. Everything went very lovely, the staff at the restaurant were always smiling at us, but now I know why.

On the drive back to my place, I could feel the gas, and it strikes you in two ways. Nausea and shooting pain, like you are dying. Shania is telling me about her latest tour, and even humming a tune. She try's to put her hand on mine, but I keep pulling it away, and starting to grimace. I knew at that moment, I had a fart on deck and I was in big trouble again. It was a good thing Shania was driving, but I rudely retorted.. "would you please hurry!"

She began worried, and asked if I was okay. The more I held it in, the more pain would shoot through my guts and down my legs. I had to raise myself off the seat, gripping the door and the dashboard. I gritted my teeth and managed to say, "seriously, please hurry, I'm in a lot of pain."
"Wow! what's wrong, should I take you to the Hospital?" she asked.

Well, I could answer her, or let the fart speak for itself. Really…. there was nothing I could do. I clamped down on my sphincter like a frogs ass, but slowly it eeeeeked out.
The more I tried to stop it, the more it forced it's way out the door. However, to my surprise, there was no sound. I sat silently, my forehead sweaty, thinking/hoping I got away with it. Okay…. maybe …. but then it hit me. This was no fart, this was a chemical weapon of mass destruction, designed by those Chinese. I'm talking dead rotting in your trunk hellish sort of way. I panicked, "Roll down your windows!" I screamed it in a horror movie sort of way.

"Why? what's going on!" she yells at me! I screamed "the windows are locked!" Then I could see it in her eyes. The horror… then she begins to tear up and says, "on my God, I can taste it!" "Roll down the windows" I screamed again, as the farts started coming out of me uncontrollably. She couldn't see, and kept turning on the windshield wipers. I'm screaming like a little girl, "UNLOCK IT! UNLOCK IT!"

We were under siege and the battle was worse than gunfire. Finally Shania gets the windows open, and we gasp for air.
We sat silently for the rest of the ride to my place. The shooting pains subsided, but I really-really needed to use the restroom. At this point, we were both just lucky to be alive.

She pulled up to my shack, and I jumped out before the car came to a stop, and ran for my toilet, like I was running from the cops. That is where noises came out of me, even I have never heard before.

Apparently I ran right out of my shoes. Shania was kind to bring them up to my front door, which was still open. "Hoggie, I'm setting your shoes by the door, are you okay sweetheart?"
FWAPpp-splatter ungodly sounds and eldrich stench emanate from the walls, "GET AWAY FROM THE DOOR" is heard in an Exocist like voice. "I'll call you later."
wow with Shania I thought the front part be wanting to burst haha ole fella