User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trans-Am Leasing Program

Does anyone have any info on the Trans-Am Leasing program? pros cons any info would help. I also have 2 1/2 years o.t.r. dry van experience so im not a newbie. i have no family, no bills, etc. so im thinking about taking on a new challenge. any info about the lease and anything else about the company would be appreciated.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver2 View Post
Does anyone have any info on the Trans-Am Leasing program? pros cons any info would help. I also have 2 1/2 years o.t.r. dry van experience so im not a newbie. i have no family, no bills, etc. so im thinking about taking on a new challenge. any info about the lease and anything else about the company would be appreciated.
Tune in to this guy on Sirius Road Dog you can even reach him at the station or by Email. He has a definite stand on leasing and supports it with facts.

Trucking Business and Beyond
Weeknights 12 am ET
Weekends 4 pm ET
Kevin Rutherford hosts a one-hour call-in program focusing on how company drivers and owner operators can become more profitable. Taxes, tires, engines and new technology are among topics discussed.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Rookie

Is there anyone that is currently doing the Lease program at Trans-Am. I would like any info about this program.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckdriver2 View Post
Is there anyone that is currently doing the Lease program at Trans-Am. I would like any info about this program.
Why do you want to lease, rather than be a company driver?
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Rookie

wanting a new challenge in life. going to try something new.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

This evening, I searched and searched for a post where I laid out the expenses and income of a lease driver at another carrier (who actually listed sample truck payments, insurance payments, etc.) and it wasn't pretty. For THEIR projected mileage figures, a driver would earn $50k or so yearly BEFORE taxes. For my mileage figures (2,500/week versus their figure of 3,200/week), the driver would've earned $14k yearly.
I couldn't find such figures on Trans-Am's website, but I doubt they're any better. Their payments may be higher, since they run KW's, instead of Century's. A good way to help sort this out is to get them to mail you a copy of the lease contract and get the facts and figures from them in writing. Then go sit down with an accountant and run the numbers.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Senior Board Member

This is what I think about lease purchase:
I am an independent recruiter who hires for a lot of companies that have lease purchase. Even though those companies pay me huge commissions to put you in a lease truck. If you call me and want to do lease purchase, I will do everything in my power to try to talk you out of it. If you still want to do it, I will give you this advice.

*make sure you have a wife or girlfriend who has a good steady paycheck, you will need it some weeks.
* Stay on the road! If they say they can get you home every two weeks, screw that....if you want to have a chance at succeeding at least purchase...stay out MONTHS!
* Even though they will tell you "no forced dispatch"....never turn down a load.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 AM
Senior Board Member

Recently I have been looking at Celadons lease purchase. I have to say, it at least looks better on paper than other lease purchase programs. They have a truck payment that is based on mileage, not the same every time. So if you have a bad week, you will have a small payment. But with that said, I havent stuck any of my drivers on it yet. Im waiting until I talk to a driver who has done it, before I send them one....unless YOU want to be my Guinea Pig. My only requirement: you cant call me up 6 months from now and yell at me if it sucked...lol
Old 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Board Regular

Why not buy a decent used truck and lease it on to a carrier instead of being a company slave paying all there bills!! Remember the DM has you by the balls and if you piss em off be prepared to sit and sit if your wheels ain't moving your not making any money then there goes your condo. Do they pay for insurance and the electronic tattle tale and so on if they do then right there its a rip off. To be honest the money is not with the mega carries. Do you have money saved if you don't then what happens if the truck breaks down are you good at saving money? Do you have good accounting and book keeping skills as you'll need to be an accountant and book keeper to. And with the way diesel prices are today and with freight rates in the crapper I would not do it.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:30 AM
Board Regular

hope this link helps in your new adventure

trans am trucking | Ripoff Report | Complaints Reviews Scams Lawsuits Frauds Reported