User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider Regional Part Time

I'm interested in driving part time, mainly just to have health bens. Anyone know about Schneider Regional Part Time? Their ad says 38 cents per mile, and 150 to 350 miles per haul. At 300 miles, at 38 cpm, that's only about $120 . I suppose they give you more than 1 haul per day.

You can work as little as 2 days per week, and get med bens.

I do linehaul right now, 5 days a week, but I'd rather be driving less, and home more.

Anyone know anything about Schneider part time?

Thanks,

Zombie Woof
Old 01-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Rookie

I did part time for about 3 years, they wanted a minimum of 3 days per week, I would give my DBL a schedule I wanted to work, he gave me a Truck Number, worked well, if you are off more than 3 days you will have to clean out the truck (slip seat). Was in the Western Region so did a lot of I5, Seattle to LA.

Took time off each year when it started snowing and returned middle to end of March, take a Driving Test and take off.

With the new Ambient Sensors on the Trucks, doubt I will be going back.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Rookie

retiredmb, Thanks. What are the ambient sensors? Did you get health bens, and if so, were they expensive? Schneider is advertising that you onl;y have to work 2 days a week, and will get health bens.

Thanks
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Rookie

I'm to old to use the Health Benis (over 65 you have to be on Medicare), not sure of the cost. Ambient Sensors controls when you can idle the truck, cannot idle between 20 degrees and 70 degrees, for longer than 4 minutes. So if you are backing into a spot and it takes longer than 4 minutes, no matter what is going on, the truck will shut off, also going through a light, if you are sitting waiting to make the turn, no matter what is going on, you can be in the middle of the intersection and the truck will shut off
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Rookie

>>> So if you are backing into a spot and it takes longer than 4 minutes, no matter what is going on, the truck will shut off, also going through a light, if you are sitting waiting to make the turn, no matter what is going on, you can be in the middle of the intersection and the truck will shut off <<<<

Don't you hate that? At my last company they had Volvo's, and some of them shut off if the coolant level in the overflow tank drops too low. And they stay off until you top up the overflow container. I kept a spare bottle of antifreeze with me. Way too much Big Brother stuff going on.

ZW
Old 02-11-2013, 12:52 PM
Rookie

I called a Schneider recruiter, and he said the med bens start after 90 days for part time. Might be the same for full time.