User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2012, 03:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ohio companies--Advice please

My husband is about to complete trucking school. He is a very devoted husband and father who has gone through a tough time lately. He worked for the same company as a warehouse clerk for 18 years but was miserable. He was making crap money. He basically had three options to make a liveable wage; stay where he was, do factory work, or truck driving. We discussed it at length and decided he would be happiest with truck driving. He likes to work alone and like a lot of alone time--but he is also very family oriented. So here are my questions:

1. What can I do to make this transition easier on him?

2. Do you know any companies in the Ohio area that treat their drivers well?

Thank you so much for your help.

Oh yeah-- I should tell you he prefers regional work and no flatbeds or hazardous.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:48 AM
Board Regular

This is not in Ohio, but North Dakota... I'm trying to help out a good friend with landing a job out here and ran across this job posting a few hours ago... | Simply Hired Mobile Job Search

Then I stumbled across your post for your husband...

Check it out, it sounds like it may be right up his ally. I would imagine starting pay will be around $80,000 a year, give or take. These jobs also carry full benefits and housing, and or relocation expenses. And don't worry about the college degree, we are hiring real life cowboys to do jobs that would require an engineering degree in Ohio or Michigan. Put in an application and see what happens.

I hope it helps.

Mike

Last edited by Justruckin; 07-25-2012 at 12:04 PM.