User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2011, 04:37 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

YRC has been living on borrowed time for several years. No company can survive by paying wages and benefits so much higher than that of their competition. With the help of the unions, they have priced themselves out of the market. Unless a company can offer their services at a competitive rate they won't stay in business long.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
You kept your pay records from Glen Moore for tax purposes, didn't you? What period of time to they cover? If you have pay records for 34 months, you can tell Celadon to "KISS YOUR .....". Next job, take your pay records to your next employer to prove how long you were there. If Celadon insists that you only have 25 months, you may need to account for an eleven months gap in employment when talking to the new employer. But, if you can produce pay records to cover all 34 1/2 months, it shows that the information from Celadon is unreliable.
It wasn't all with Glen Moore but yes I can prove I have 34.5 months OTR experience. I have proof that shows otherwise. I'm not really worried about that. I do still have to print off my settlement statements so I can get some more money from the government back (from taxes). Thanks for the reminder!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
I love people that think like that LMAO. Let me keep working for lower wages so the company can stay in business. Thats great thinking. Like the company really cares about you. Your just a run of the mill driver to them mega carriers.

Malaki its sounds like your a good driver that cares about your job. Which is hard to come by now a days. But Celadon could careless if you leave 2morrow. Or have one little mess up and they will get rid of you.
My thoughts exactly! You can work at McDonald's for $6-7/hr (or whatever they pay) or at Portillo's for $12/hr. You are doing the exact same thing. Why work for less money? It's the same with any other job. Some places pay more for doing the exact same thing. Others (most) try to milk your efforts and pay a fraction of what you should be making. In OTR trucking, you have to make a lot of sacrifices of your time. I'm not just talking about when you are driving. Being forced to sit for several hours - two days and getting ZERO pay is completely unacceptable!

I'm not the accountant or CFO and have no control over their actions. Glen Moore was losing money because repair costs were very high. It wasn't because they paid 43cpm because they raised the rates before they authorized the raises. It wasn't because of union because they were non-union. My truck was older but it didn't really break down. It was a 2007 with 948k original miles on it but it ran like a champ! The 2005-2006s were breaking a lot more than anything on the 2007s. The older 9400i had a build issue and blowing a wrist pin in the motor was all too common. International corrected that in the later trucks.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
YRC has been living on borrowed time for several years. No company can survive by paying wages and benefits so much higher than that of their competition. With the help of the unions, they have priced themselves out of the market. Unless a company can offer their services at a competitive rate they won't stay in business long.
Yes, unions can drag a company down when they are paying out more than they take in. The domestic automakers were a good example. The government works kind of like that on every level, too. By the people, for the people my *****! What's sad is that it negatively affects the entire country and will never change with our government. If the government was an actual business, it would have been out of business long ago. It's more like a criminal organization though.

By the way, Glen Moore was non-union.

Last edited by madaxeman; 12-27-2011 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86 View Post
I just love it how you're pissed at Celadon not telling you about the buyout and not Glen Moore. You also keep saying how great you were paid - maybe that's why they went out of business.

You miss the point! Celadon stranded me! Celadon controlled the assets after December 15th at about 3:30PM. Celadon forced me to Indianapolis. Celadon refused to get me home after I turned in my issued equipment on good terms. I PAID MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET SO THAT I COULD RETURN THEIR ASSETS. So thoughtful of them!

High repair costs are what ran Glen Moore into the ground...not paying drivers a good wage. They raised rates before they gave the raises. If you enjoy working for about 70-75% (along with all of the megacarrier drivers) more power to you!
Old 12-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Hey madaxeman. You are beating a dead horse around here. Seems like 90% of this forum thinks driving for pennys per mile and being gone for weeks on end for 600/week is a good deal. I gave up. Now i just sit back and laugh. I love the posts when people talk about how great there job is and they make 30cpm lol.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 12-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Hey madaxeman. You are beating a dead horse around here. Seems like 90% of this forum thinks driving for pennys per mile and being gone for weeks on end for 600/week is a good deal. I gave up. Now i just sit back and laugh. I love the posts when people talk about how great there job is and they make 30cpm lol.
True. I prefer to progress rather than go backwards from where I was. I was thinking about becoming an owner-op or just buying a bobtail or lease-purchase with a company but I don't know that I have enough to start...or where to start (and my credit score is like -850). I wouldn't know which companies are worth starting out. Most seem to pay you less than $1/mile (around .88 or so). The first company I worked for had a lease program with a mileage guarantee per week. If they didn't get you the minimum in the contract, you could walk away clean from the lease. You knew that you weren't just buying a truck but you were making good money, too. I've been reading through a bunch of the posts on here lately. Are companies like Dart, Landstar, etc. good for a driver's wallet? What are the better ones that you will make a lot? Thanks!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaxeman View Post
True. I prefer to progress rather than go backwards from where I was. I was thinking about becoming an owner-op or just buying a bobtail or lease-purchase with a company but I don't know that I have enough to start...or where to start (and my credit score is like -850). I wouldn't know which companies are worth starting out. Most seem to pay you less than $1/mile (around .88 or so). The first company I worked for had a lease program with a mileage guarantee per week. If they didn't get you the minimum in the contract, you could walk away clean from the lease. You knew that you weren't just buying a truck but you were making good money, too. I've been reading through a bunch of the posts on here lately. Are companies like Dart, Landstar, etc. good for a driver's wallet? What are the better ones that you will make a lot? Thanks!
You seem like a smart guy why aren't you checking into LTL co's? If you like to run Estes or Old Dominion will keep you out all week, legal, sleeping in motels. They'd probably start you .44-.48 range. Or UPS Freight Truckload is like like USF's Glen Moore division was.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:38 PM
Senior Board Member

this remind me of years ago when my friend was all excited about his new job with MS Carriers, right up until he got to orientation and found out he was working for Swift, they forgot to mention that part to him
Old 12-31-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
You seem like a smart guy why aren't you checking into LTL co's? If you like to run Estes or Old Dominion will keep you out all week, legal, sleeping in motels. They'd probably start you .44-.48 range. Or UPS Freight Truckload is like like USF's Glen Moore division was.
Hi, Snowman! Are you talking about company driver positions for all of these? I heard UPS is hard to get hired on unless you know someone or have worked your way up...or is that a different branch of UPS? Are these jobs running doubles pups (linehaul) or 53' dry van? Thanks!