User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Employment with Mesilla Valley Transport

I hope to make a well informed decision as to whether or not to seek employment with Mesilla Valley Transport. I am hoping to hear from present and past employees. I have read some good threads about the owner and the company. At the same token I have read less impressive articles. I know all trucking companies have their good points and not so good points of interest. I also know that it is hard to please everyone. I am in a position where I need to get my feet wet all over again for atleast 6 months before I can find greener grass if it is necessary. I am also hoping the grass at MVT will please my taste buds so I will not have to look any farther, Hoping to settle in and run and make some good money.
So far it is a tie good -v- not so good. I am a positive person so I am leaning towards the positive at the moment. All input will be greatly appricated. Thanks to all that respond....:thumbsup:
Old 12-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I didn't know that MVT hired in Georgia. If you are near any truck stops you might hang out and try to speak with some of their drivers. You can hear good and bad about any company. Some statements or assumptions may by true and others may not. Often, negative comments about a company are from a disgruntled former employee who has an axe to grind. Things will never go 100% the way you want them. Sometimes, you will have a personality conflict with your dispatcher. There can also be valid concerns about a carrier. One driver may have a bad experience and another a very good experience with the same carrier. I don't recall hearing a lot of negative comments about MVT. Nor do I recall hearing a lot of good comments. MVT is not a carrier that I have heard much about either way. Perhaps that is a good thing.